Marcus W.
  • Investor
Votes |
San Antonio Neighborhood Intel

Marcus W.
  • Investor
Posted Apr 22 2018, 12:14

Hello all,

I'm new to the BP Forums but have been investing in RE for almost 2 years. I have primarily invested in multi-family syndicated deals with friends who are brokers as well as private lending.

I'm expecting a move to San Antonio within the year and would welcome advice on neighborhoods from anyone familiar with the area. Ideally, I will keep investing in both small and large multi-family but I want to be efficient with my personal housing costs by rehab/renting (developing a portfolio of cash flowing SFH's or small multi-families) or house-hacking if I could find 3/2 quads/townhomes in decent school districts.

Can anyone provide any personal insight into the following areas or suggest others?:

Alamo Heights - We really like this area simply for the urban location and great schools. It looks like price points are very high compared to other areas of the city. We may just have to keep an eye on properties in this area and eventually buy a property to rehab and live there longer term.

Johnson and Reagan HS Districts - These areas look like typical suburbia but I think there may be potential to buy distressed, rehab and rent?

Beacon Hill - I like some of the properties I have seen online in this area, looks like a mixed bag of properties that have been flipped and old fixer uppers. Schools don't look very good but might work for a live in rehab then rent.

Small multi-families near Randolph AFB - Schools don't look great here but there are plenty of small multi-families available. I recently pulled the flood maps online and it looks like some of the new flood zone areas are on these properties...

We're just starting to look at the area, any insight from those with San Antonio experience would be greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...