Tax Delinquent List: Dallas, Tarrant, Collin & Denton Counties

3 Replies

Hey everyone,

I am looking to find out the process in acquiring the tax delinquent lists for the following counties in Texas: Dallas, Tarrant, Collin & Denton. Would anyone be willing to share their knowledge in this area? Namely, can I obtain these lists online or do I need to retrieve in person? What are the fee's? Does anyone know the tax foreclosure timelines? Meaning, from the time they are delinquent to the date they are auctioned off. Any information you can provide will greatly help in our research. Thanks a ton in advance for your expertise and help.

This information is all available via google. You'll get a better response if you don't ask others to do your homework for ya! 

Cheers,

Ron

Originally posted by @Brandon Mix :

Hey everyone,

I am looking to find out the process in acquiring the tax delinquent lists for the following counties in Texas: Dallas, Tarrant, Collin & Denton. Would anyone be willing to share their knowledge in this area? Namely, can I obtain these lists online or do I need to retrieve in person? What are the fee's? Does anyone know the tax foreclosure timelines? Meaning, from the time they are delinquent to the date they are auctioned off. Any information you can provide will greatly help in our research. Thanks a ton in advance for your expertise and help.

Hi Brandon,

Did you ever get a hold of any of these lists? I literally got my hands on the Denton county one yesterday and still can't figure out how to open the darn thing. Binary code and FTP and .DAT ... all things I don't understand. Let me know what happened with your endeavor.

Erin

Hi Erin,

I feel your pain. It was quite the process for us. We ordered one list from Collin County some time ago. Ordering from the county wasn't that hard, but we received the data in a .DAT format. So we then hired a programmer on UpWork and had him extract the data into an Excel sheet. I think there were 4 different files and they all "communicate" with each other. Once we had the data in Excel, we had to clean up the sheet.  I think we ultimately paid about $100 to the programmer.  Just wish they would send the info in Excel.  But then again, if it were easy, everyone would have access to the information, right? :)

My suggestion is that you put a request in on UpWork and find a programmer to decipher the data and create a "script" to where all they have to do in future updates is to throw the .DAT files into the script and it does it's magic.  Hope this helps you out.  Good Luck!!