[Calc Review] Help me analyze this deal

1 Reply

View report

*This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.

Hi. This property is located between the Lower Greenville and Old East Dallas neighborhoods of Dallas, TX, zip code 75206. It is a new construction consisting of 5 attached townhomes. Each unit is approximately 1405 square feet with 2 bd/2.5 ba. Financing is 50% down with a 5% interest rate. Are my estimated expenses accurate? Am I under or over-estimating certain items? Any advice is appreciated.

I'd do a bottom up analysis on the expenses.  Not sure what local tax rates are in Lower Greenville, but my guess is somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5% annually.  So,  if you spend 1.9mm (assume tax appraised equal purchase price) then you're property taxes are going to be about 47.5k/yr or ~4k month.  I'd call to get a quote on insurance but I doubt you're looking at more than 2k/month a unit.  So, the 6250 is probably not that far off.   That said, your annualized total return isn't that attractive for an illiquid investment.  I would want at least 10%.  Stock market has historically given 8-9% and  you can sell it an instant without all the transaction costs.