• Olympia, WA
Votes |
Looking for GC Referral To Evaluate Structural Issue In Olympia

Jake DeAtley
  • Realtor
  • Olympia, WA
Posted Nov 4 2017, 10:59

Hello BP!

I currently have a house under contract that has thrown multiple curve balls already! From financing issues due to Encroachment Agreements with the city of Olympia, WA (Thurston County), to some interesting findings with the home inspector. 

I am now looking for a General Contractor that can come out and evaluate a potential major issue.

Per my home inspector - 

"The inspector found damage from anobiid beetles in the structural members of home in the crawl space. A licensed pesticide applicator will need to evaluate and possibly treat the home/property. WDO ISSUE - This is a Wood Destroying Organism issue that should be corrected.

A licensed contractor will need to "sound"/inspect the structural members under the home to determine which, if any, should be replaced. This should include the main beams, posts, and floor joists. Replacement should be completed of all unsound/damaged wood structural members."

Thus, I am currently looking for referrals for a good GC that can acommodate a tight timeline. If anyone in the Thurston County, Pierce County, Lewis County, Mason County, Kitsap County or Grays Harbor County areas can provide me with a good referall for this, I would greatly appreciate it.

I would also likely have additional work for this individual or company. 

I would also be happy to pay a finders fee to anyone that refers me to a high quality handyman that I end up working with.

Regards,

Jake D.

Key words - Lacey, Tumwater, Tacoma, Construction, Framing, Shelton, Seattle, Puget Sound, Oly