How to start a new REIA/meet up group in Tupelo, MS

How to start a new REIA/meet up group in Tupelo, MS

Middletown, DE · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
Hello all! I'm relatively new to Tupelo, MS and there are no investor meet ups here. I got my real estate agent license recently and am working with Crye-Leike Realty. I have discovered that being an agent makes it very easy to network very quickly. Now I'm thinking about going ahead and starting up a REIA or real estate Meet up group in Tupelo. I'm still very inexperienced with investing but I figure I can compensate for that by bring in guest speakers such as; real estate attorneys, mortgage brokers, seasoned real estate agents, and other successful investors. Any and all advice would be appreciated. If there is already a thread about this, please direct me to it. Thank you very much!
0Reply
44 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Clint BoltonPro Member
    Investor · Hernando, MS · Member since 2012 · 61 posts · 30 votes
    10y

    Hi Nicholas,

    I'm a real estate investor and broker/owner in Desoto County (Hernando/Southaven/Olive Branch areas). I'm not involved in a REIA here and Tupelo is a little too far but if I can help in any way let me know. I have contacts and don't mind lending a hand with any info that I have...

  • Investor · Olive Branch, MS · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Come to our MemFlips South sub group of MIG. Meets the last Tuesday of each month 12 noon til 2:00 at Maria's on Airways in Southaven.  Mostly people working in Desoto County or South Memphis.  I look forward to meeting you

  • Investor · Olive Branch, MS · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Nicholas, do a little snooping around the Lee County courthouse to see who has the most rental property, who buys and sells on a regular basis. That should help you find investors for a REIA. Also might be a good buyers list for properties you list

  • Barrett BradyPro Member
    Tupelo, MS · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Nicholas, Did you ever get a group started in tupelo? I'm new To bigger pockets and just saw your post. I have a few friends who are interested also.
  • Architect · Tupelo, MS · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Nicholas, Barrett, and others from Tupelo, I'd like to meet up to get something started. How about lunch, Tuesday Nov 22 at KOK? We've got to start somewhere...

  • Barrett BradyPro Member
    Tupelo, MS · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    That sounds good to me, Tuesday 11-22-16 @ 12pm?
  • Architect · Tupelo, MS · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Yep, it's on my calendar. I'll see you at Kermit's noon Tuesday the 22nd. Please invite anyone else you know in town that would be interested. Thanks! 

  • Tupelo, MS · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Hello all, I am just getting started in real estate and bigger pockets and was going to see if anything came about from your meet up a few years ago.

  • New to Real Estate · Oxford, MS · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Hey! I'd be willing to meet up and talk about REI. I am new to the bigger pockets community and interested in networking around the Tupelo/Oxford area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.