First Deal-House Hacking-Advice

6 Replies

Does anyone in my area have advice for a newbie who  house-hacks?  I'm presently looking in Gulfport, Ms High area.   Who knows, the sophomore may graduate early! I'm looking to house hack a duplex or triplex  and  then  rent my current house.  I can house hack for a year or two and locate a smaller house to move into when I retire from my full-time employment.    Thanking you in advance for any information!

They've got a lot of really good articles about house hacking. Make sure the numbers work and that you've saved enough capital for the down payment and closing costs plus some for reserves. Good luck

@Wil Reichard -thank you!  I'm trying to use all my free time reading articles on Bigger Pockets and webinars and real estate books!! I get overwhelmed at times, but when you try to change your life around, it takes patience!

it does! Some good books... rich dad poor dad. Millionaire real estate investor. (Trouble trying to look the part like I di and buying nice cars? Millionaire next door. The riches man in Babylon. Take your time. Try to find someone to look over deals with. It Elis to share ideas with Like minded people. DM me if you ever got questions 

@Olivia Jones

Hey!  I'm not in your area, but just wanted to give you some encouragement.  Your plan sounds great!  I'm house hacking at the moment and happily living for free.  You can't beat that....  Let me know if I can help with any specific questions you might have....

Thank you @Wil Reichard .....Such great advice!  I am so glad that I found this site!! I will always let others know what I don't know!!  I'm looking at all the duplexes in my area and trying to learn what is a great deal here. (and still reading-will add Millionaire real estate investor)  Thanks again!

@Louise Alexander -hey thanks so much for the encouragement!! I moved here for a better school for my daughter, now I'm moving on to doing something for myself.  Living free would be a dream!!  

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here