Let's start connecting and talking about our local area! South Alabama

Let's start connecting and talking about our local area! South Alabama

Investor · Montevallo, AL · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hi all :) I will soon be a resident of Baldwin County. Just sold a buy and hold home in Montevallo, south of Birmingham,  that I bought as a foreclosure and used as my primary residence for about 8 years. Making a good profit, closing in 2 weeks. I plan to use the profits to help fund a home or condo on or near the gulf or the canal in Orange Beach or Gulf Shores. My husband and I plan to travel every summer to cooler climates lol, in our RV, so we'd like something that we could rent out during the summer through a property management company, while we travel. Looking for a good deal of course. I found one already, unfortunately I will not close on my home in time to take advantage of it. It occurred to me that I knew investors in the are I could share this kind of information so that someone else might be able to benefit from it. In return, perhaps they'll someday have a deal that they can't act on, that they'll tell me about. There is power in networking! Let's get together!

1Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Pensacola Florida · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 8 votes
9y

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to BP and to real estate investing.  I anticipate a move to Mobile or Pcola this summer and trying to learn as much as I can before I start shopping properties.  Nice to meet you all, I'll try to get my profile updated soon.

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • JD, CCIM , Real Estate Broker · Tuscaloosa, AL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Hi Alison, I should have read this post before I commented on your other one. So, Gulf Shores or Orange Beach. There are still some really terrific short sale opportunities down there.  I know of some condo complexes just over the line, into Florida, that have Chinese drywall stigma, but not all the buildings have Chinese drywall.  You get the cheap prices without the expense.  I have a contact with some real opportunities in the Phoenixes, if you are interested in them.  I'll be happy to connect you up. The woman I am thinking of is really hooked into the community, incredibly hard working, and knows absolutely everything going on down there.  (I'm halfway between Jemison and Montevallo, just past Randolph and Six Mile)

  • Investor · Daphne, AL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 242 votes
    11y
    Denise, welcome to Paradise. Plenty of activity to keep you involved and interested down here. Good luck.
  • Investor · Foley, AL · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Hello All,

    I am a new investor in Mobile/Baldwin county area. Do any of you know a good multifamily broker, contractor, and property manager? I am also looking for investors as well.

    @Alison Chappell

    I own a condo a Sugar Beach. I am guessing you have found a property by now. Sorry I am a little late.

    Best Regards,

    Kody

  • Specialist · Daphne, AL · Member since 2014 · 114 posts · 18 votes
    10y
    Welcome, I too live in Baldwin County and invest in Mobile and Baldwin Co. There is a new investors club starting up in March at the Daphne civic center. Everyone should try it out. I will post details later. If you ever wanna grab coffee, I would love to hook up. My favorite is at Mr. Gene Beans in Fairhope. Talk soon!
  • Fairhope, AL · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 0 votes
    10y
  • Investor · Foley, AL · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Hey Charles,

    BP is a great place to start and explore all the different investment avenues. I suggest listening to as many BP podcast as possible to get a wide variation of all the investing flavors. 

    Are you wanting to invest your own money or try a more creative approach? 

    What helped me is think about my end goal and then work backwards. I want to own over 1000 apartment units one day so working backwards from that I decided to start a company that focuses on bigger apartment syndicated deals. I won't reach my goal buying single family holds or flipping. 

    Feel free to send me a colleague request and any questions. 

    Best Regards,

    Kody

  • Investor · Foley, AL · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    @Dee Dee Huey

    What will the meeting in Pensacola in Jan. be like? Will it have guest speakers?

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 145 posts · 47 votes
    10y

    @Alison Chappell Hi and welcome to BP.   This is a wonderful community we have here and you can learn a lot of here. There are forums, webinars, podcasts, and of course several people with outstanding background knowledge on Real Estate.

    Good luck in your RE endeavors. 

  • Attorney · Fairhope, AL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    I live in Fairhope and I'd be interested in getting together for coffee and brain storming!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Mobile, AL · Member since 2015 · 140 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    @David Horton @Kody Broussard @Charles Montgomery @Account Closed We are having a meeting on May 24 at 6:00 pm. Called the Gulf Coast Real Estate Investors group. Check it out if you want to meet up. www.GulfCoastREI.com. If you know anyone in Mobile or Baldwin county, I encourage you to invite them to attend.

  • Investor · Foley, AL · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    @Jared Irby

    Hello Jared,

    Thank you for taking the initiative and getting this group started!

    I plan on attending and I am hoping to bring few people with me.

    Is there a type of investment focus for this meetup group or is it a more broad real estate investing focus?

    Best Regards,

    Kody

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Mobile, AL · Member since 2015 · 140 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    @Kody Broussard I am really not sure where it goes. I have some buy and holds (SFRs) but mainly do flips/rehabs. I also have a land deal or two. This first meeting I am going to show the inner workings of a few of my deals to help encourage others to share what they do and spread some knowledge. Look forward to having you.

  • Investor · Foley, AL · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    @Jared Irby

    Hello Jared,

    Sounds great, looking forward to meeting new like minded people!

    Best Regards,

    Kody

  • Investor / Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 667 votes
    10y

    @Jared Irby

    I'm going to try and make it out there.

  • Investor · Foley, AL · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    @Jared Irby

    Hello Jared,

    Are you guys still doing this meetup? 

    Best Regards,

    Kody

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Mobile, AL · Member since 2015 · 140 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    @Kody Broussard yes! Will be sending out a meeting notice in the next few days

  • Investor · Foley, AL · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    @Jared Irby Thanks Jared!

  • Fairhope, AL · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    When is the next meeting.

  • Mobile, AL · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Hi Jared Irby ! I am Dwaynia from the Mobile area...are you and others investors still getting together?
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Mobile, AL · Member since 2015 · 140 posts · 18 votes
    9y

    @Charles Montgomery @Dwaynia Gray I have been going to Professional Investors Guild meetings in Daphne that are put on by @Matt Robinson . He does an excellent job and the meetings are regular and growing. Check out his website: http://professionalinvestorsguild.com

    Also has a meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/Eastern-Shore-Real-Estate-I...

    Look forward to meeting you!

  • Mobile, AL · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    That's great to hear...thank you Jared Irby . Looking forward to meeting you as well!
  • Pensacola Florida · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    Hi everyone, I'm brand new to BP and to real estate investing.  I anticipate a move to Mobile or Pcola this summer and trying to learn as much as I can before I start shopping properties.  Nice to meet you all, I'll try to get my profile updated soon.

  • Flipper · Mobile, AL · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hello All.  Is this group still active?  I will be relocating to Mobile soon and want to begin investing in Duplexes and SF homes.

    I am looking for financing and a real good Real Estate Agent.  Any suggestions?

  • Investor · Robertsdale, AL · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Erania Brackett I have a good company that I use here in Baldwin county for my flips. I would be glad to give my agents number so she can take care of you.
  • Flipper · Mobile, AL · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @Christopher Kerby

     Yes please share those contacts.  Thank You!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.