Skip to content
Phoenix Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Robert Lorenz
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
June AZREIA, John Burley as guest speaker!

Robert Lorenz
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted May 20 2016, 10:30

Anyone else as excited by this as I am? Anyone else going? I'm taking my wife and oldest daughter (she's 9, goes with me to a lot of these REI meetings) and will be meeting at least a few other local newbies there. Would be nice to connect with a few others, maybe attend as a group & take up a few rows up in front!

User Stats

Votes
Sean Andersen
Pro Member
  • Peoria, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Peoria, AZ
Replied Feb 18 2017, 22:23

@Robert Lorenz, How was the John Burley seminar? I am interested in checking him out. Worth it or no?

User Stats

Votes
John Powell
  • Realtor
  • Vail, AZ
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Vail, AZ
Replied Aug 20 2017, 16:00

I went for like one day. I'm not really interested personally. They're model seems to surround finding private money to purchase properties dumped into a business account. You can then pay for the property outright and do lease options to bypass the head aches of rentals. I was going in hopes of learning more about traditional routes of investing, but it seems they want investors to pay for their coaching seminars. It seemed like a lot of people were injured or didn't have money that were attending, soo they decided to learn more about this path. Some people probably make a lot of money, but I just don't have a strong interest in this kind of investing. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes
Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Aug 20 2017, 16:39

@John Powell Burley has a lot of good stuff. Granted, it isn't for everybody. One has to learn a new way of thinking, apply the info and work like a crazy man for about a year. After that, the $15,000 a month in regular cash flow year after year after year is kinda fun. Each additional month adds to the income. But, it isn't for everyone ;-)

User Stats

Votes
John Powell
  • Realtor
  • Vail, AZ
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Vail, AZ
Replied Aug 21 2017, 14:24

I see.....