Votes
George Maka
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
Help me pitch a master lease option to seller

George Maka
  • Irvine, CA
Posted Mar 28 2014, 10:00

I recently went to a creative financing meeting and got very inspired with what we spoke about. One of the topics covered was master lease options, or sandwich lease, and as he was doing a demo on how to pitch it. While demonstrating how to bring it to owners, it made complete sense.

I've found a 3 bd, 2 bth home in my area that is already renting for about 300 below mark rent and believe this strategy will work if they agree. I remembered bullet points of what works from the meeting, but when I spoke to the owner over the phone, it did not come out the same. I know what's in it for me, but for me to sell it, what's in it for them and why would they agree to it? A few points that I recall from the meeting;

Long lease = discount in rent
I'll find the tenant and fill it
I'll screen tenant and you can approve if you like

When I spoke to the owner, one thing I said was, if I can guarantee that I will lease it for atleast 5 years, would you be willing to discount the monthly rent? She is open to it and I believe they will discount it for a longer lease, but her counter was, you can't guarantee anything unless you give me the entire amount upfront. I have an appointment with them tomorrow and hope to have it down better by then. Help me pitch this and overcome this objection.

Thanks,

George

Loading replies...