Midwest Scouting Tour - Who can I help and/or meet?

17 Replies

My real estate business is built around learning by doing and passing that on to colleagues & clients which is why I love the spirit of BP.  Some of you know I'm expanding my brokerage and making it investor focused.  Part of that will entail identifying out of state markets where those of us in Denver can find more and better deals.

In August, I'm going to take a scouting tour from Denver to Ohio - because who doesn't love the Midwest in August - (possible stops include Kansas City, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Cleveland, Toledo, or ??).  I'm doing my research and setting up meetings so if you're an active investor in one of those areas and are willing to grab a beer and share your expertise, or if you have deals in those areas and would like to open yourself up to a new investor/partner pool, please connect with me.

I know some of you in Denver have been doing your own scouting trips, but not everyone can travel, and it doesn't take a dozen of us to gather intel.  If anyone here would like me to look into a particular area or type of opportunity, let me know.

I look forward to getting to know some more BPers and doing some deals!

Medium team zen logo vMicki M., 33 Zen Lane | [email protected] | http://www.33zenlane.com | CO Agent # 100037721, NM Agent # 19441

Good on you for taking the time and investing the money into travelling, putting feet on the ground and meeting the players in their respective cities.

@Micki M. I'm in Columbus, OH and would very much like to connect with partners. I'm a buy and hold investor so if you have persons interested in joking venturing on houses or becoming private investors that would be perfect. Send me a PM and let's connect during your trip

@Micki M.  

I'm in Toledo, OH. I moved here in 2005 from Denver. I'm a full time investor with expertise in single family and multi-family. I've done over 100 flips and currently own 40 SFR rentals and 100 apartment units. I'd be happy to meet with you while you are here.

Ryan Pyle

Property Manager & Investor in Columbus here. If you stop in our city, I'd be happy to meet you!

Originally posted by @Micki McNie:

My real estate business is built around learning by doing and passing that on to colleagues & clients which is why I love the spirit of BP.  Some of you know I'm expanding my brokerage and making it investor focused.  Part of that will entail identifying out of state markets where those of us in Denver can find more and better deals.

In August, I'm going to take a scouting tour from Denver to Ohio - because who doesn't love the Midwest in August - (possible stops include Kansas City, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Cleveland, Toledo, or ??).  I'm doing my research and setting up meetings so if you're an active investor in one of those areas and are willing to grab a beer and share your expertise, or if you have deals in those areas and would like to open yourself up to a new investor/partner pool, please connect with me.

I know some of you in Denver have been doing your own scouting trips, but not everyone can travel, and it doesn't take a dozen of us to gather intel.  If anyone here would like me to look into a particular area or type of opportunity, let me know.

I look forward to getting to know some more BPers and doing some deals!

Hi Micki,

I replied to your message.

Feel free to email me and we can schedule a time to speak via phone.

Thanks and have a great day.

Medium list n sell logo designEngelo Rumora, List'n Sell Realty | [email protected] | 419 740 6999 | https://agentscomefirst.com/ | Podcast Guest on Show #89

Hi Micki, 

We are always open to  learn and looking for more PML. Near University of Notre Dame. 

@Micki M.  let me know if you are stopping in Indianapolis, I'd be glad to meet.

Micki,

My company wholesales fix uppers and turnkey properties in Indianapolis. We have many out of state and overseas investors. Let me know when you are in town.

Thank you everyone who has responded. I am slowly working my way through a long list of phone calls and have already connected with some fantastic people. I expect nothing less from BP. 

I haven't heard from anyone in St. Louis or Cincinnati, anyone doing anything exciting in those areas?

Medium team zen logo vMicki M., 33 Zen Lane | [email protected] | http://www.33zenlane.com | CO Agent # 100037721, NM Agent # 19441

@Micki M.   I am not an active investor yet; still trying to figure out which area to specialize and focus on. But you might want to reach out to @James Dunn who was thinking about starting a new networking group on the Illinois side of St Louis. He might have some contacts in the area.

Medium webuysmallmultifamilesRonald Perich, We Buy Small Multifamilies | [email protected] | 314‑896‑0669 | http://webuysmallmultifamilies.com

I live in ca but wholesale in St. Louis. I can send you houses for sale so you can drive by. 

I have a friend who will be in at Louis in August and he is building new construction and placing seniors in then for assisted living . That way there is more monthly cash flow. I can hook you up with him to see what he is doing. 

Medium houseGordon Cuffe, wholesalehomes | 916‑261‑2381 | http://www.sacramentowholesalehomes.com | CA Agent # 01125228, CA Lender # 1037464

Have fun and good luck with your scouting trip! Quite a few good areas in the Midwest to invest -- looks like you've already established some potentials. 

Micki, 

I am new to Real Estate Investing and I live between Cincinnati and Dayton.  I am always looking for opportunities to learn.  I am in the process of getting my real estate license and should have it by the end of September.  Inbox me if you have some ideas on how I could help. 

I made it to stop #1 - Toledo.  Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll be posting throughout the trip on my website, feel free to follow along.