Using Police/ Fire/ EMS to your advantage.

5 Replies

For years the insurance industry have used firefighters to "bird-dog" properties that are damaged by fire. Fire restoration = big money. That's not where it ends though; The benefits of having connections with fire/ems/police is that you have first hand insight into the property condition or the owners situations. A service worker who's proficient in building construction and the living situation can be an asset. Just another tool for your tookboxes. 

@Anil Samuel my "farm area" is from DC to Frederick all the way out to OC. I'm a firefighter in DC but haven't invested there as of yet. I had a map built with all of the tax liens in bmore - looking for partners up there who know the market very well and are interested in simple buy and sell. 

btw - I am sending a letter out today to a house who's owners were arrested and facing both jail time and some serious legal fees. Got the tip from a cop I've known for twenty years. 

are you looking to rehab and sell?

each house is different; rehab and sell or rehab and keep depending on finances and cashflow. I've yet to wholesale a deal like this - of course i'd love to if I coudln't see the property though. I do know a Baltimore city firefighter who does this with houses with fire damage. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.