Creative Marketing Strategies

13 Replies

Goodmorning,

Looking for alternative, creative, successful marketing routes for your funnel. Something different from bandit signs, business cards, direct mail, cold calling, websites, emails, driving neighborhoods. What are different ways to separate yourself from your competition in your area and ensure your getting the business everyone else wants. Looking for some creative ideas!

Dan

@Steven McPherson Over the past year of this post I have been focusing on inbound marketing and trying to master this avenue. In my opinion, these outbound strategies are becoming more and more obsolete. I still use some of these strategies that work in my local area for my marketing strategy but I would say 80% of my leads are coming from my online presence. 

With inbound marketing we are allowing people to educate themselves on the process, which is creating more qualified leads. There are several different creative strategies we are using to get in front of our buyer persona and several different platforms to use. 

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

@Daniel Sisto I do have a question.  What do you mean by "inbound marketing"?  Can you give an example?  I'm interested because I was wondering if there is a different and better way than the widely-used campaign methods usually discussed on this site.  Thanks for the help.

@Steven McPherson When I talk about inbound marketing. It is basically promoting your company to your buyers persona ( target market- different buyer personas 1) folks with inhertited homes 2) folks downsizing 3) folks behind on their taxes 4) Folks who lost their jobs, cant pay mortgage (whatever situation that you have been successful attracting) through blogs, vlogs, podcasts, SEO, white papers, e books, social media marketing (paid facebook advertising), pay per click (google adwords) and other forms of content creation or content marketing. 

Basically the goal is to create high quality content around your specific niche and put this content in front of your target market through these vehicles. You will be sending these folks to landing pages that you create to get them to convert. Either sign up for your free ebook, white paper, vlog or blog. Or push them to a landing page to have them to fill out info to sell their home. Basically these tools are used to push leads to the top of your sales funnel then you will be nurturing these leads at each step of the sales process once you have their information through (email marketing, text or other mediums)

But basically we are educating our target market on our service and putting quality content in front of them and allowing them to make their own decision, rather than pushing sales sales sales or sell their house now on them through direct mail, bandit signs, or other outbound techniques. 

In regards to creating an online presence, the first step I would take is to sign your business up to as many online business directories as possible. This will begin to give your business credibility on the web for your specific location and also create some backlinks to your site to help with SEO. 

Inbound Marketing has several different components and is hard to master them all and can take some time to gain some momentum but once you do, you have created a valuable asset that will last you forever. Rather then sending on direct mail every month, praying for a hit. 

Hope this helps. 

If you have any more questions on the techniques I can push you in the right direction to begin educating yourself on the topic. 

Originally posted by @Daniel Sisto :

@Steven McPherson When I talk about inbound marketing. It is basically promoting your company to your buyers persona ( target market- different buyer personas 1) folks with inhertited homes 2) folks downsizing 3) folks behind on their taxes 4) Folks who lost their jobs, cant pay mortgage (whatever situation that you have been successful attracting) through blogs, vlogs, podcasts, SEO, white papers, e books, social media marketing (paid facebook advertising), pay per click (google adwords) and other forms of content creation or content marketing. 

Basically the goal is to create high quality content around your specific niche and put this content in front of your target market through these vehicles. You will be sending these folks to landing pages that you create to get them to convert. Either sign up for your free ebook, white paper, vlog or blog. Or push them to a landing page to have them to fill out info to sell their home. Basically these tools are used to push leads to the top of your sales funnel then you will be nurturing these leads at each step of the sales process once you have their information through (email marketing, text or other mediums)

But basically we are educating our target market on our service and putting quality content in front of them and allowing them to make their own decision, rather than pushing sales sales sales or sell their house now on them through direct mail, bandit signs, or other outbound techniques. 

In regards to creating an online presence, the first step I would take is to sign your business up to as many online business directories as possible. This will begin to give your business credibility on the web for your specific location and also create some backlinks to your site to help with SEO. 

Inbound Marketing has several different components and is hard to master them all and can take some time to gain some momentum but once you do, you have created a valuable asset that will last you forever. Rather then sending on direct mail every month, praying for a hit. 

Hope this helps. 

If you have any more questions on the techniques I can push you in the right direction to begin educating yourself on the topic. 

LOVE THIS STRATEGY! I often think about this type of marketing; but I can never settle on the content that I want to push to my audience. I see others do it...but I don't want to find myself plagiarizing their content. I want to start writing the content myself and publishing it on my website/social channels. 

Where should I begin? Any resources you can recommend on forming content for marketing purposes?

Thanks so much...this is awesome info! 

@Andy Cross

The content that you create and push is all going to depend on your buyers persona. You want to create quality content that is going to get the attention of your target market - this means knowing specific details about your target. 

Another purpose of creating great content is to get bank links to your site. The more back links you get to your site from other sites, the more authoritative google will think your site is- which means you will begin to rank better in the search engines. 

I would not worry about plagerizing, what I would do is begin to create an inbound marketing plan. Take some time and begin to develop your buyers persona. The begin to write down what content you want to produce to attract your target market or capture their information and put them into the top of your sales funnel. 

Begin to educate yourself on the topic and start implementing. You will not regret it. Inbound/Digital/ Online Marketing & developing an online presence can take a couple months to gain momentum. So you have to stick to it and dont quit.

If you have any more questions, I can help with, let me know.

Daniel is giving great advice - I have done lots of what he has said about identifying target markets and writing specifically for them.

But do not copy others' text.  That is illegal -copyright infringement.  

Carefully identify your target market, write phrases about what they want and you will have text for your marketing materials in no time.

Hi @Daniel sisto--great posts. I am very interested. What online business directories should I sign up with? I'm really hesitant to pay for things like that because they are so intangible. I will never have real proof that they do anything at all, you know? 

I currently have an Investor Carrot website and I have followed their training program for SEO. Well, I've done my best to follow it. Apparently, blogging about everything to anyone that will listen is next! 

@Trevor Smith So the there are a couple reasons you want to sign up for these directories. You will gain credibility within your market, they rank fairly well if optimized around your keywords and also they will increase the bank links to your website, which search engines view as important aspect of increased rankings. 

Here is a list of the top 50 business directories from hubspot to get get you started; 

1. Google
  2. Bing
  3. Yahoo!
  4. Yelp
  5. Facebook
  6. Better Business Bureau
  7. Angie's List
  8. Merchant Circle
  9. LinkedIn
  10. YP.com
  11. Whitepages
  12. Superpages.com
  13. Yellowbook
  14. CitySearch
  15. MapQuest/Yext
  16. Local.com
  17. Foursquare
  18. CitySlick
  19. USDirectory.com
  20. Dex Media
  21. BizJournals.com
  22. TeleAtlas
  23. Discover Our Town
  24. EZ Local
  25. Kudzu
  26. CityVoter
  27. Manta
  28. UsCity
  29. Advice Local
  30. InfoUSA
  31. Infignos
  32. Get Fave
  33. My Huckleberry
  34. Yellowee
  35. MojoPages
  36. Brownbook
  37. Magic Yellow
  38. CitySquares
  39. Map Creator
  40. Judy's Book
  41. TripAdvisor
  42. Thumbtack
  43. YellowPagesGoesGreen.org
  44. Home Advisor
  45. ShowMeLocal
  46. ChamberofCommerce.com
  47. Yellowbot
  48. Hotfrog
  49. Brownbook
  50. InsiderPages

in regards to your blog - target your different buyer personas & answer any questions you think they may have and base these posts around keywords that are important in your market. 

Hope this helps

I have been taking the strategy of signing up for the directories  a couple at a time. It is time consuming  and sometimes frustrating to find the free listings. Some will only let you sign up through YEXT which charges a monthly fee. 

It's a slow process, but in the long run will be worth it. 

You might consider jump starting things with a mail campaign (outbound marketing). This way you can reach people who may not be actively looking on the internet.

You can get lists of some of those Persona  targets - Seniors with 20+ Year Ownership (ready to downsize or transition) and Homeowners with Low Financial Stability Scores are 2 lists that can fit some of the targets that @Daniel Sisto mentioned. 

Following...outbound cold calls just seems to be getting progressively tougher. Would like to know to get an inbound marketing campaign started. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.