spliting a parcel of land

8 Replies

Question how much time and money does it take to split a parcel of land

Depends on the local laws and procedures.  Talk to your local planning and zoning.

@Kelvin Schaeffer

I'm in Pierce county and I just got a bid to short plat a one acre parcel into four lots. My surveyor is a long time family friend so he gave me a low bid. $1000 for him and $4000 in county fees. Ball park $5000 all in.

I did it once. In my area the board met once a month. So it took about 60 days to get on the docket. It also required a survey. And along with the application for the property split the Surveyor had to present a description along with some drawings. So that work was about $1500. Then at the board meeting there was a little bit of discussion about whether or not it was a good idea or whether it was required. Once they decided to do it, I filed the paperwork and it was done

@Kelvin Schaeffer

Had the same surveyor survey a lot for me in Federal Way and it seemed like King County was easier to deal with than Pierce County.

Good feedback ,the deal I,m structuring consists of 3 fourplexes on one parcel of land . The goal is to split the parcel with one fourplexe on it purchase with an FHA owner said he,ll accepts that as down payment and finances the other fourplexes . Hopefully I,ll acquire 12 unit apartment for 3.5% down on $415,000

$35000 per unit in your area is a great buy. Hope it works out for you.

The land is already developed it has three 4 plexus on it.Owner is willing to finance with 30% down on $ 1,245,000 I don't have. So if I divide the parcel purchase one 4 Plex with an FHA or conventional the owner will except that as the down payment

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here