Creative House Hacking

3 Replies

Greetings!

My husband and I currently rent and have a young family. He works, I don't. It seems like house hacking is a logical first step for us getting our foot into the door re real estate investing. However, we are not interested in living in a multiplex having kids & especially since we don't know how long it would take to get out of that arrangement.

I've shared in other posts that we are also interested in purchasing farmland/a home on a large plot (@ least 3acres) for homesteading purposes. I was thinking to use cash to build separate structures on the property (garden studio/guest houses?) to rent out as vacation rentals or via Air BnB- a different take on house hacking.

I'm just trying to figure out how we can own our home AND gets some cash flow when living in a multiplex isn't desirable for our family.

Anyone done this or have any other creative solutions?

Genuine regards,

Candis

Hey Candis,

I have some ideas and experience on what you are talking about.  I'd be happy to discuss further.  There are many ways to go about it but your model, depending on the area and how you deploy surely has credibility.

Let me know if you'd like to chat.

Johannes