• San Diego CA
Votes |
What is a turnkey rental provider?

Ben McMahon
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • San Diego CA
Posted Apr 6 2017, 20:24

I see a fair bit of "Turnkey Rental providers". I haven't really looked into it that much, but I was wondering what that involves? My core book of business is in the shenandoah valley in VA. Servicing Winchester, Warrenton, Harrisonburg, Front Royal, etc.

I currently have a PM company, a construction crew, and a brokerage.  Sometimes we flip houses for me, and sometimes we partner with other investors. Sometimes we sell, and sometimes we turn them into rentals.  I think I am actually a turnkey provider at times even though I never really thought about it.  Can someone enlighten me?

Do the rentals I provide need to be currently owned by my company?  

Normally what happens is that someone comes to me and says they want to invest in real estate.  Than I ask them what they want to do.  Some say "flip a house"  some say, "buy rental properties".  So I help them buy a property ( or sell them mine), and walk them through the whole process of looking at the property as an investment, etc etc etc.....  I usually handle the rehab, although not always and we generally either sell it for them again, or manage it.  So what am I ?

Loading replies...