Skip to content
Innovative Strategies

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Stastny
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
House hacking, property management, and mult-family units!

Jonathan Stastny
  • Omaha, NE
Posted Jan 1 2018, 07:30

Hi BP!  My name is Jon and I am very new to the real estate investing industry and community.  I have just started listening to the BP podcasts about two weeks ago, but have been listening for about 5 hours a day on average.  I have a friend that flips and rents houses here in Omaha that turned me onto BP.

I actually kind of backed into my first deal, and didn't even realize it was a deal initially, but it uncovered a passion for real estate that I never knew existed.  I guess I kind of always knew I would enjoy it, but I just didn't realize house feasible it actually was! I bought a duplex inquit Ralston, NE that I am set to close on at the end of this week and couldn't be more excited!  I already have a renter lined up that will be paying me $875/mo, and my mortgage, taxes and insurance come out to $1180.  I plan on living in it for a year or two and then house hacking another property. I would like to purchase another 2-4 units this year and double that number for the next five years.

I am also in the process of starting my own property management company and am looking for any and all advice that I can get in that regard.

I am employed full time in a traveling sales role that I would like to be able to quit as soon as possible in order to spend more time at home and have the freedom to pursue my goals in real estate! I am a hell of a salesman, extremely motivated and self-driven, innovative and not afraid to take risks.  I think I have what it wakes to be a successful real estate investor, and I couldn't be happier that I've found this community to exchange ideas with and be able to turn to for support.

Loading replies...