• Real Estate Agent
  • Cheyenne, WY
Votes |
Where do I go from here?

Mariah Jeffery
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cheyenne, WY
Posted Sep 30 2011, 11:36

Over the last 4.5 years I have acquired 28 income-producing rental units. They are about 15 properties with 1-4 units each, with about half being SFHs. I've found motivated sellers wanting to sell properties with deferred maintenance at a substantial discount (about 2/3 of these units came from the same seller). I'm really happy with where I am now, but where should I go from here? Stay the course and keep buying as long as I keep finding good deals? Be happy with what I have and maintain the status quo? Take advantage of the equity I have and try to locate larger commercial buildings and trade up?

I work full time and I used to devote most of my spare time to RE, but I have a one year old now and I have no more spare time! Part of me wants to just be happy with what I have maintain the status quo, focusing on paying off the mortgages (we have mortgages on all but one property, and we owe roughly half of the value of the properties). Given that these are our 401K properties, we'll be pretty much set for life once these 28 are paid off. Another part of me wants to think of a creative strategy to use the equity we have and create real wealth. Any thoughts?

Loading replies...