Traditional loan or line of credit

Traditional loan or line of credit

Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 3 votes

I have few properties that I recently bought with all cash, for roughly $1 million, the appraisal came at $1.5 million.

So what would be my best strategy to cash out?

I talked with some bank, they will lend 75% of the purchased price.

But it would be really good if I can get 80-85% of the appraised value, and use that cash to buy additional properties.

What do you guys recommend any ideas or suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance!!

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    7y

    Nice finds!

    They will lend on appraised value after 6 months generally.  I'd just sit tight, it will go quickly.

    You may end up like me and don't bother refinancing at all.  Depends on what you plan on 10x ing I guess... I chose naps.  Some choose to go go go.

  • Real Estate Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    That depends.  

    1) Where did you get the first million?  Savings, inheritance, lucky break in the stock market, etc? 

    2) What is the anticipated cash flow of the existing units, if leveraged at 80% LTV?

    3) Are you managing these yourself, and if yes, what is your level of experience managing rentals?

    4) Does this $1 million represent your entire portfolio?

    5) What kind of properties are these?

    I ask these questions because buying $1 million in rental real estate could mean you own one medium size commercial property, a few residential units in California, or a small empire of mid-west Class C units.  Management issues expand rapidly at the higher number of units.  They are almost non-existent in commercial triple net leases.  And since you just did this "recently", I don't know your level of experience or expectation well enough to say whether you should/should not buy more property.

    I recommend first you give us more information.

    Also, be sure to clearly define your goals.  Why do you want more real estate when you just got into the game?  Many are the newbie investors who say they want to go from 0 to 100 doors in a year, but WHY?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.