Any investors from Fairfield county, CT. Please give your input.

Any investors from Fairfield county, CT. Please give your input.

Sri PopuriPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Bethel, CT · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 1 vote

I am planning to use buy and hold strategy in Fairfield county, CT. Can Any investors in this area give your input on investing experience here!

1Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 14 votes
6y

Probably goes without saying but make sure you get a good deal. Otherwise it will be hard to cash flow due to the higher prices and taxes. Any cities specifically you're looking to invest in?

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    Probably goes without saying but make sure you get a good deal. Otherwise it will be hard to cash flow due to the higher prices and taxes. Any cities specifically you're looking to invest in?

  • Sri PopuriPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Bethel, CT · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @William Hollis

    Primarily in Fairfield county Danbury/bethel surrounding areas!

    Thanks

  • Investor · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    Those are good areas as you'll see lower property taxes than you will in lower FfC. I don't much about renting in the Bethel area, but in Danbury if you screen your tenants thoroughly you should be able to do well!

  • Sri PopuriPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Bethel, CT · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @William Hollis

    Thanks for your response.

    Is 1% rule good to analyze a deal for positive cash flow in CT!

  • Investor · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    @Sri 

    @Sri Popuri I'd say your question is a little broad. Fairfield County and especially high rental cities like Danbury and Bridgeport (my current market) have micro markets. So it's not possible to answer you're question definitely. I will say I find in Bridgeport not all properties quite meet the 1% rule due to higher purchase prices and property taxes for MFH. However that doesn't mean they don't cash flow well. Take the time to become an expert in your market and you'll have certain success!

  • Real Estate Agent · Bethel, CT · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    Hey @Sri Popuri, I'd be happy to talk with you about investment opportunities in the Danbury and Bethel area. I'm an investor, agent, and Bethel resident, let me know if you want to grab a beer!

  • Rental Property Investor · Danbury, CT · Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 24 votes
    6y

    I started investing in Danbury in 2018 and it's gone well so far. There's definitely rental demand, but like others said, you have to understand the micro markets and do proper screening for your tenants. 

  • Property Manager · Windsor Locks, CT · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Sri Popuri:

    @William Hollis

    Thanks for your response.

    Is 1% rule good to analyze a deal for positive cash flow in CT!

    You can still do better than the 1% rule in much of Hartford county. I'm not as familiar with Fairfield, but if you aren't seeing 1% deals, go north!  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.