Questions to ask small lenders

Questions to ask small lenders

Tulsa, OK · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 8 votes

I am a new investor. I want to shop lenders, and I received a list of lenders from a local trusted realtor. I wanted to know what questions I should or shouldnt ask to a lender. Should I tell them I'm in investor looking for my first property? That I could like to refinance if I could? Do you give loans on the equity price not just the purchase price? Etc. Thank you for your help.

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Frisco, TX · Member since 2019 · 546 posts · 270 votes
    5y

    Yes the more you tell the lender the better they can structure your deal to make sure everything works and no unexpected surprises down the road. Be as transparent as possible

  • Developer · Danville KY · Member since 2015 · 85 posts · 110 votes
    5y

    @Cayla Walker make sure to ask what debt to income ratio they require

  • Tulsa, OK · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    Thank you Lina and Elise for your words of wisdom!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.