• San Diego, CA
Votes |
Top 25 Transformational Book List

Ben Stoodley
Lender
  • Lender
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Jul 3 2020, 11:44

Just like cross training for sports, I believe Real estate investing requires more than just real estate knowledge. To do this big, it must be treated as a business, and you must act as a CEO. For most of us, that means learning an enormous amount of new material like management, budgeting, accounting and taxes, sales, communication, planning, partnerships, corporate structuring, fund management, capital raising, and much much more. So, after 10 years of entrepreneurship, I attribute the vast majority of all success to reading. 

Admittedly, reading was never a big part of my life growing up. Falling flat on my face when moving to San Diego was the catalyst for my newly found love for books. Starting with books like "The Business of Belief" by Tom Asacker and "Money: Master the Game" by Tony Robbins, the snowball effect quickly took over, turning into well over 100 books/audiobooks and thousands of podcasts. "Failing" has always taught the best lessons, so why not learn from others and fail just a little bit less? Fail fast, learn fast, improve fast, and it's amazing where you'll end up.

Read my full list here. 

Preview of the list (no order)...

1. So good they can’t ignore you - Cal Newport
  2. Outliers - Malcom Gladwell
  3. Solve for Happy - Mo Gawdat
  4. The EMyth - Michael E Gerber
  5. The Five Dysfunctions of a Team - Patrick Lencioni
  6. Principles - Ray Dalio
  7. Crucial Conversations - Kerry Patterson
  8. The Four Hour Workweek - Tim Ferris
  9. The Dichotomy of Leadership - Jocko Willink
  10. How to win friends and influence people - Dale Carnegie