STR/AirBnB in San Pedro

7 Replies

My partner and I are thinking about getting a STR property in San Pedro, somewhere close to the new, being developed public market. Is there any regulation/restriction I should be aware of? Thanks!

@Stanley Nguyen

You need to own the property in your name and then register with the city of LA. There is cap on the total number of nights you can rent it out as well.

@Stanley Nguyen if you haven't already, please consider operating as an extended stay rental that specializes in +30 days stays. This way you'll be viewed as a traditional month-to-month landlord which typically fall outside local city ordinances.