Quality Home Inspector for SFH's in Oceanside, California

Quality Home Inspector for SFH's in Oceanside, California

Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 65 posts · 39 votes

Hello BP! 

I'm currently house-hunting for a SFH (as a primary residence as well as an investment (rent out rooms)) in 92057 (Oceanside, CA), and think I finally landed on the one I want to move on! I just submitted the offer and it's looking promising... But I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row here ahead of time. With that being said, does anyone have any great recommendations for a quality home inspector as well as an appraiser?

Also- should I do more than one inspection? (i.e. the one my realtor recommends as well as another one on top of that)?  Any and all advice is much appreciated- and thank you very much for taking the time to help out. 

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Kevin FoxPro Member
Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 635 votes
9y

@Jimmy Watson

Absolutely!

Let me know if you'd like my assistance on that front as well. Happy to help with the property identification/deal analysis!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dan H.Pro Member
    Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    9y

    If you get a good home inspector you would be wasting your money paying for a second home inspection.  However, the good home inspector may recommend you bring in experts to further analyze potential issues identified such as a foundation contractor, roofer, electrician, etc.

    I have a good one (not the cheapest) but I am unsure if he goes all the way to Oceanside.  You can PM if you want his name. 

    Good luck

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 65 posts · 39 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the reply, Dan.  I'll stick with just one then. 

  • Kevin FoxPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 635 votes
    9y

    Hey @Jimmy Watson

    John Robinson's Inspection Group is AWESOME for SFR inspections. Their prices for 3+ units are rather overpriced, at least in my opinion, but they are my go to for 1-2 units. Very knowledgeable and thorough.

     Shoot me a PM if you'd like me to pass along their contact info.

    Good luck!

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 65 posts · 39 votes
    9y

    Thanks @Kevin Fox!  When the time gets closer, I'll be sure to PM you.  Just got my first offer beat out by a multiple offer situation.  Oh well, there's always another deal to be made.

  • Kevin FoxPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 635 votes
    9y

    @Jimmy Watson

    Absolutely!

    Let me know if you'd like my assistance on that front as well. Happy to help with the property identification/deal analysis!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.