Skip to content
Investor Mindset

User Stats

Votes
Kristi C.
Votes |
Do Guru Seminars cause Analysis Paralysis?

Kristi C.
Posted Sep 8 2014, 06:43

I am curious about this. I want to see if anyone has any input. I went to a guru seminar where they give you free food then try to sell you a class for $2k. I checked my smartphone during the presentation and found online that going to the $2k class just tells you that you need to attend a $20k class and so on. None of the reviews ever said they actually bought some real estate after attending the classes. It looked scammy to me.

That being said, I also know some people IRL who have spent tens of thousands attending guru classes. These people have never actually bought any real estate. They just keep paying to attend the classes.

I also know people who buy and sell real estate as landlords and flippers. I don't know any landlords or flippers that attended the guru classes before getting into real estate.

So my thought is that the guru classes are somehow causing analysis paralysis when these people go about trying to get their first deals. Perhaps they are constantly telling you that you need more classes before you can begin? When I hear how much time and money some people have put into real estate guru classes I feel they could have already been rather far along in real estate if they'd gotten their education from a few good real estate books then put their money into property instead of classes. (I'm talking about people spending between $50k to $100k on guru classes with no actual real estate deals to show for it.)

Am I wrong about this? It seems like real estate guru class attendees end up taking classes until they run out of funding then never buy any real estate. 

Loading replies...