• Retired Landlord/Author
  • Commerce Township, MI
Votes |
New Years Eve: A Baby and an Old Man by Nancy Neville

Account Closed
  • Retired Landlord/Author
  • Commerce Township, MI
Posted Dec 27 2014, 11:12

A baby and an old man were standing by the clock, welcoming in the New Year with a ticking and a toc.

The baby said, "Hey old man, it's almost time for you to leave". As a tear ran down the old man's cheek and fell upons his sleeve.

The old man said to baby, "This year has made me wise. I've seen some good and bad times in these old and weary eyes.

But I'm not sad because I go, I cry because I'm glad. To see the strength of people who overcame bad times they had.

I cry because of laughter, what a joyful sound to hear. It's words of hope and happiness that penetrates my ear.

No dear baby, I'm not sad, for what my year has brung. And when the clock strikes midnight a Happy New Year will be sung.

And then it will be your turn. Will you bring with you good or bad? For the year 2015 will it be the best year they ever had?

But the baby didn't say a word, too young to understand, what the old man was saying, or the power in his hand.  

So as baby and the Old man,  listened to the cheers, the clock ticked on to midnight bringing in another year.

FOOT NOTE 

Happy New Year Landlords and Investors...

(I know this little  baby will bring us strength to overcome whatever we may face. Landlords are strong people. We can accomplish anything we put our minds too. 

Happy New Year soon to come my BP friends!

Loading replies...