• Raleigh, NC
Votes |
Challenge: Let’s hold each other accountable by publicizing our goals

Brandon Hall
Tax & Financial Services
  • CPA
  • Raleigh, NC
Posted May 11 2015, 10:46

As a real estate investor, it’s important to have goals as they will drive you to reach your full potential. Goals help you dream big and keep you on track when the going gets tough.

After I publicized my goals with this Bigger Pockets Blog Post, the readers who commented were overwhelmingly positive which only further encouraged me to achieve all I can achieve. I’d like you to experience the same.

I don’t care how old you are, I don’t care if you’ve yet to make one dollar or already made ten million, I don’t care if you work a desk job or own businesses, everyone needs to have goals and I intend to hold you accountable!

I challenge you to publicize your goals on this thread with the exercise below. Don’t be shy, you will feel great after you let people know your ambitions. You may find like-minded individuals to connect with and at the very least, I’ll be knocking on your door making sure you are striving toward meeting your goals.

The Exercise:

List three to five goals for each: One Year Goals; Five Year Goals; Ten Year Goals; and Lifetime Goals. You may explain your goals if you want to share more information.

My One Year Goals:

1. Grow my CPA business to 40 clients and at least $15k in revenue.

2. Efficiently and effectively manage my three-unit so that it generates $200 cash flow per unit per month.

3. Run a half marathon - I have signed up for the Navy/Airforce half marathon in September.

My Five Year Goals:

1. Be promoted to "Manager" at my day job - this is more of a 3-4 year goal.

2. Enter into my business full-time and grow it to $1MM. 

3. Own 15 units cash flowing at $200 per unit per month.

4. Be admitted to an Ivy League Masters program. 

5. Travel to two different countries and run a marathon. 

My Ten Year Goals:

1. Grow my business to $10MM in revenue. 

2. Own 50 units cash flowing $200 per unit per month.

3. Publish a book on how to create a better life, business, or world.

4. Pay cash for an exotic car - this is my goal that tells me "I made it." Everyone should have an "I made it" goal. It doesn't have to be something tangible or expensive. This is just unique to me.

5. Purchase a beach house for mom and dad.

My Lifetime Goals:

1. Launch a venture cap/ private equity firm that invests in people who are solving major world problems.

2. Give a Ted Talk.

3. Own 100 units cash flowing $200 per unit per month. 

4. Grow my business to $100MM in revenue and create 1,000 jobs. 

5. Live a happy and fulfilling life.

Loading replies...