• Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
The Softest Generation

Marcus Hendren
  • Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Jun 18 2015, 08:56
http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/millennial-parents-poverty-internet-scapegoat/?fb=dd+eg This article has been popping up on my news feed on various social media sites because my peers identify with it and share the link. I'd like to hear the everyone's thoughts. You can dive as deep as you want to into the articles points, but I'm going to stay on a macro level. I find these articles and the particular mindset it's exuding to be both infuriating and also relieving. Infuriating because we live in the Information Age. Basically anything is at your fingertips if you're willing to look for it. Want more money? Work more hours, be frugal and become more financially literate. Everyone has rocks in their backpack. I find this article relieving because it reinforces the real secret to getting ahead: Work for what you want. If the majority of my peers as millennials are pissing and moaning because life is hard and not enough is being given to them, then there's more for those willing is sweat and bleed to make things happen.

Loading replies...