investing 100,000 cash for 4 consecutive years?

4 Replies

At the end of 2016 I will have 100,000 dollars cash to invest. I also will have the same dollar amount for each of the next 3 years. What would be the best way to invest this cash with maximum returns. I will not be located in the states to do any flips so I am looking at rentals. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

Find a partner...in the states...If you can provide upfront cash...your partner puts in the sweaty equity...re-fi with a bank, cash out your original investment, sit back enjoy. Develop a system, more $ more buying power. Build your portfolio.

Another way to go would be to find someone already running a flip or long term hold R.E. business and invest with them. There are a lot of very successful investors on BP. You could attach yourself to one or more of them while youre not in the States. When you get back, you can pull your profits out and start on your own, even if that is in small bits to start and building up.

Robert,

Great suggestion. In the case of investing with the flipper or long term real estate investment, how would the investment be secured? 

Thanks in advance 

Tom

A number of ways if your are talking about securing it prior to the the refi, but I'd probably discuss the ARV and wrap it into a prmissary note in case * hits the fan between you two prior to the re-fi there needs to be a contract beftween you to and a way to determine the current value. We've done deals like this and its usually best to get an RE attorney to draw something up specifically for your situation.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.