Votes
Rob Grove
  • Coon Rapids, MN
Votes |
Help with Door knocking sales techniques he

Rob Grove
  • Coon Rapids, MN
Posted Jan 26 2016, 19:11

This is my first time door knocking and while this is a little longer post to get to the actual question, I find it relevant to the psychology of the newbie investor. I'm 23 days into my real estate wholesaling venture and there hasn't been a day that passed where I haven't taken a single action toward my real estate goals.

So here we go, 

I'm driving to take a look at a property today and on the way there I see some houses I want to look at on the way back. On the way back I take a wrong turn and as I'm driving, I see a house with roof in bad shape. I pull over, knock on the door, mention the roof and ask of he considered selling. He said yeah. I have an appointment at noon tomorrow to do a walk through! All I had to do is knock on the door. That was easy right? I keep driving and see what looked like an out of place invester shoveling the sidewalk and asked him if he had any houses to sell. He doesn't, but i have a new buyer. I figured, heck, I might as well knock on some more doors. 

Next door knocks: person rents, I look up the tax info and have a new person on my mailing list. Knock on another door, he said he's not interested. I said ok thanks and walked away. My business cards are in the mail so I would have offered him one but I wasn't happy with just settling and feel like I should have said more. Anyone have any tips for door knocking or have any links to articles? 

I'm gonna start a personal blog since I get super excited with every step of progress lol

Loading replies...