• Real Estate Investor
  • Delray Beach, FL
Votes |
When The Economy Recovers It Will Be Too Late

Michael Shuster
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Delray Beach, FL
Posted Jan 26 2009, 02:10

I find it rather puzzling that our society has allowed the media to force us to abort one of our natural gifts in life – our ability to use common sense. While I continue to invest in real estate (I doubt if I will ever see a better time to buy in my lifetime), I am constantly meeting people who say they want to invest in real estate, but they are not sure if the time is right.

Is it greed controlling their actions – suggesting they might find an even better deal tomorrow if they wait?

Is it fear controlling their actions – because they constantly hear about the doom and gloom from the media?

The common question I keep getting from potential investors is “do you think the market has bottomed out yet?†These people all know that nobody has a crystal ball. But there are a lot of ways that we can benefit from good old fashioned common sense.

The first thing I notice is that the wealthy people are buying anything and everything they can get their hands on. If they are wealthy then it is very likely they got that way for a reason (excluding people who inherit wealth). We’ve all heard that that the rich get richer, and we are all jealous when times are good and we see wealthy people like Warren Buffet and Donald Trump say that they bought low and sold high. It sounds easy enough. Guess what – NOW IS LOW !!!!!

As I listen to my local news (non-business specific networks) and I talk to common folks, I continually hear them warning us to save every penny, don’t spend too much on Christmas presents, because this whole ‘recession’ is only going to get worse before it gets better. They are selling fear and we as the public are buying. So, we stop spending which only makes things worse and proves them right.

Common sense also tells me that if you want to learn how to do something well, you should seek advice and knowledge from someone who has succeeded in that industry. Anybody can give free advice, but that is usually about all it’s worth.

Yesterday I was listening to Tom Keen on Bloomberg radio (a financial focused network). From that program I heard some very interesting comments that I know you will find interesting as well.

The first quote I had to write down from that program was as follows: “When the economy recovers … it will be too late!†Think about that for a minute. If you are one of those people who is afraid to take action until you see the rest of the “herd†doing the same thing … it will be too late. The deals will already be on the way out, the markets will already be on the way up, and the profits for you are already diminishing. By that time the rich will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Real estate continues to evolve in trends, and trends don’t form overnight. You are not going to wake up one morning in coming months, and see every news program and front page of your newspaper saying: “Finally, yesterday we had no hope but last night everything was fixed and today everything is all better againâ€. Even if the market goes a little bit lower, it can’t go much lower, and then there is only one way for it to go – when do you want to get in on it?

In fact, another interesting thing I heard on that Bloomberg program was a panel of experts in agreement that the market keeps trying to bottom out. They gave it until the end of this quarter and then predict that the market will stop trying so hard to hit the bottom.

Finally, one of the panelists said “pessimism has peakedâ€. Admit it – haven’t YOU had enough of this doom and gloom already? People are exhausted from it already. And when they are tired of buying into the doom and gloom that the media are selling, the will ultimately start spending again. And spending is what will turn this whole economy around.

The way I see it, common sense is becoming clearer and clearer, and the next wave of millionaires are being launched today. In real estate investing you don’t make money when you sell …. You make money when you buy! That is where you determine your fate in each deal. So the only reason you might continue to sit in the sidelines, is if you don’t have a lot of cash in the bank to buy real estate. And most people only believe that you can buy real estate by putting down a pile of cash up-front.

Fact – I personally know a lot of millionaire real estate investors who can put down very large piles of cash – but they don’t. They know the various tricks of buying real estate without using piles of your own money.

If you are not clear on how they do this, then don’t worry. That is exactly how we help investors. Whether it is our training or joint-venture partnerships, or whether you turn to us to help you find and analyze a great deal in a market that is already starting to appreciate (yes we have found those), we have the necessary members of our “power team†to help you get started, regardless of your age, income, bank account, or where you live.

If you have questions about how you can get in before it’s too late, just let us know.

Send us an email: [REMOVED] and we will answer all of your questions.

To your success ….