• Real Estate Consultant
  • Saint Paul, MN
Votes |
Barriers to Entry aren't so Bad

Ryan Johnson
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Saint Paul, MN
Posted Jun 22 2009, 17:59

It’s kind of crazy how the economics of things always seems to even things out. One demonstration of this is the concept of ‘barriers to entry.’ I remember when I was back in school and this was just some business vocab word, but coming through the real estate battery and seeing many of our members struggle with it, it seems to have its place.

All the time i see investors get hung up on a certain aspect of investing, some buy courses and never put together a deal while other investors buy a course and slingshot themselves into a deal. The difference between these two types seems to be that some people are more savvy at taking on barriers to entry than others and many of those barriers are mental.

Real estate investing isn’t rocket science, doesn’t require an sort of degree, but certainly does involve an effort... especially at the beginning. But really in its own way it is a good a thing because it keeps the pool of investors at a reasonable size, enough to keep opportunity alive for the active investors.

I think when we find ourselves stuck on something it’s in its own way a good thing because it thins out the heard. If others aren’t doing it because they are stuck or unable to get something set up, then you have an advantage in the market. Not to say we’re all adversaries, I love the team work that takes place in real estate, but when you’re sitting at an autoresponder with writers block it’s nice to know that the extra effort means something. :)

Ryan

Loading replies...