Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Investor Mindset
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Barredo
  • Wholesaler
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
IS IT TOO EARLY TO WORRY OR AM I JUST HAVING A ROUGH MORNING????

Benjamin Barredo
  • Wholesaler
  • Knoxville, TN
Posted Oct 31 2016, 04:26

So, I've been at this DM Campaign for a few weeks and I'm starting to feel like I am in over my head. I have mailed out about 550 mailers and have yet to have gotten a call from one. I am posting on Cragislist every day for both buyers and sellers and I've gotten one call from a seller that didn't work out.

I still have the other half of my list to mail, so I know I haven't even hit the maximum capability of my initial push but I at least thought I'd get a call. I don't care if they were even duds, 100%, I'd at least feel like my message is falling on listening ears.

I know that my original push was going to be very slow. I don't have the money to mail 1000 people at once so I broke it into 100's, mailing the first 300 with most of my budget and mailing the rest of them a week at a time, stuffing and stamping myself (and yes, handwriting envelopes too).

I'm just having one of those moments where I feel like there's too many different angles to approach this thing, I'm moving too slowly, and I'm going to burn out before I even get in.

Any advice?

Let me start by explaining my strategy thus far.

For mailers to the original 300, I sent postcards from vistaprint about 21/2 weeks ago. Since then, I've mailed about 250 more people with typed letters stuffed into handwritten envelopes.

Additionally, I mailed about 100 houses I got on D4$. On Craigslist I am using templates I got from Investorcarrot and a real estate investment course I took through a local REIA. It is 4 aimed at buyers and 4 at sellers. I rotate them every day around 6pm so I'm at the top of the list when others are getting off of work.

That's it. Can I get some advice or at the least some cheerleaders???? I could use a pep-talk this morning.

Loading replies...