• Columbus, OH
Votes |
Getting hate from friends / family / strangers for Investing

Dan Wickland
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Nov 7 2017, 00:56

Hey guys!

Not sure if right forum to post but I thought this was most appropriate one. 

I was curious to hear how people's investing has effected family/friendships/relationships, if at all?

I notice as I'm getting more success in life people seem to drop off which is to be expected but what sparked this post was I was getting a massage last night and my masseuse went into this tirade about how people who work hard to create a lot of money are greedy and no one deserves a million dollars . I asked him how someone who earns $100k a year is better than someone with $1m, as the higher earner have more resources to be a better person and contributor to society! He was convinced wealthy people / investors don't donate money (what a dumb thing to say lol, wealthy people I know are WAY more generous than low income/middle class) and that it's wrong to want to have the goal to be wealthy lmao. People's views around wealth are SO messed up.  

So glad I'm on this forum with like minded thinkers. I literally can't stand to be around "normal" people who think this way lol. So ignorant! 

Loading replies...