Skip to content
Investor Mindset
Account Closed
  • Private Money Lender
  • Oklahoma
Votes |
Do you set goals or listen to motivationals regularly?

Account Closed
  • Private Money Lender
  • Oklahoma
Posted Jun 20 2010, 02:35

Sorry, I just noticed I typoed motivationals in the title of the thread..

Hi! So I listened to a webinar guru guy a few weeks ago, one of his freebies. I have already studied a lot of the approaches he had mentioned, but he did say one line in his webinar that has pretty much changed my life in a manner of speaking. He stated that everyday he listened to some type of motivational speaker or something motivational whether it be Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins or whoever or whatever. Now I've never been the type of person to listen to if it's not either music or educational but I decided to give it a go.

My first person was Zig Ziglar. I listened to him talk and immediately drew on the energy that he emitted in his speech. His words of encouragement really moved me to look hard at myself and others. After that was Dale Carnegie and then Napoleon Hill. After that I was making sure to listen to at least one of them on a daily basis on the way to work or home as well as read Proverbs or some type of scripture. I think Napoleon Hills words have been the most groundbreaking, though all of them have helped me in my way of speech and mentality towards other people and even to myself.

Another important aspect they taught me was putting my goals down on paper. As Zig Ziglar states, "You don't want to be a wandering generality, but be a meaningful specific" and "failure is the path of least resistance. Success happens when opportunity meets preparation." They spoke of the importance of putting my goals down on paper otherwise I just have jumbled ideas without any substance. Now I have my short term and long term goals written down. I have also since listened to a time management piece and have a schedule for every hour of my day which falls in line with helping me to achieve my goals. I think this has been one of the most important aspects of my life. I have since surrounded these men as my council (sounds funny huh) and even find solace in Napoleon Hill's idea of more men such as Edison and Lincoln and the likes so as to draw upon their most meaningful qualities. I think their talks have been the biggest reason for my success, though not yet in the physical, it has become so real it is solidified in my mind and inevitable to me. It is pretty much so real in my mind it exists already. I study daily in connection with my launch date goal and the fear of rejection or failure for me does not have one shred of existence for me as I know my success is inevitable. It's reality isn't empty words I speak hoping that my mentality falls in line with the spoken but the other way around and spoken with authority and not hope in what I have become certain of.

I can say with confidence that this state of mind would not have been possible without these great men who I have surrounded myself with and who helped me to believe i myself. They helped me to see that no one here or anyone we have ever heard of possessed any great power that made them able to achieve what others could not. The apostles clearly stated that God is not a God of favoritism. So therefore I know I have the same ability to succeed as anyone else, it's just a matter of how bad I want it. Since I know I want it, and know I will achieve it, then I know for a fact I will have it soon enough.

Funny, I got the most life changing advice as this from a Real Estate guru, and to me the highlight of that webinar was that one line.

Michael

Loading replies...