User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
Help on closing the deal.

N/A N/A
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:59

Hi all,
Wanted to start out by saying thanks for some great info on here.

First let me say I'm relatively new to real estate investing, and I come from a technical engineering background and am finding it VERY difficult to justify things I've been told to say by my coaches, because to me it feels like I'm manipulating instead of being straight forward and honest. I am a very honest person, almost to a fault sometimes.

I basically do my negotiation, by reviewing the facts of the property with the seller, let them tell me some things about the property, their situation, why they are selling etc... but when it comes time to closing the deal, I have no idea what to say to justify my offer without spelling out how I arrived at the numbers (such as I put in offer of 70%-repairs-profit). The biggest stopped I've run into, is people don't want to tie up the property. What do you say to counter this? How do you even get them under contract if they don't want to "tie up" the property?

I also am wondering what the best way to transition into writing up the offer and getting them to agree to sign it so that I can move forward on trying to promote a signed agreement at my local clubs.

Many times I end up making the offer, and they say something to the effect of "let me think about it", "i have other offers" or "i dont want to sign something and be locked in", etc... what do you say to salvage the deal and motivate them to sign papers?

Any help or pointers is greatly appreciated!

Loading replies...