Investment Property: Duplex and monthly mortgage payments

3 Replies

I have a client who we have recently preapproved and is looking to purchase a duplex for an investment and some cash flow to come in.

I did the rental surveys on a couple properties and compared it to the monthly payments but the loan payments are higher than both rental units for the duplex combined so there is no positive cash flow.

Were doing an interest only loan. What do i do or say so that my client gives an approval to go forward..He's looking for positive cash flow and the only thing i can think of is the tax deductions...

PLEASE HELP!! THANKS!!!!

maybe it's not what you meant, but it sounds like you know it's not a good deal, and you're still looking for a way to convince your client to go through with it. that's pretty ******. man up, tell him it's a bad deal, and maybe you'll earn a lifelong business relationship. if you talk him into a bad deal, that'll be the only deal you close with him. it's not worth selling your soul for a little commission check. everyone's for sell. what are you charging?

-dean

If you are looking at the tax advantages angle, contact an accountant that specializes in invetsment property. THey can give you a list of all of the items in a house that are deductible.

April Shipowick

If you truly have this client’s best interest in mind you would tell them to pass on this deal and keep looking. You will not last long in this business if you try to make the client fit the deal instead of looking for the deal that fits the client.

8)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you