What would be your Dream Real Estate Deal??

10 Replies

This was posted, and got removed, I guess when you guys changed servers. I thought it was a good topic, so I'll repost it.

Thinking realistically, what would be everyone's dream deal be?

I'm not talking about developing the Sears Tower here (something realistic)- I'd just like to know what would be everyone's ultimate real estate deal. :tongue:

I responded to this when it was a topic, so I'll respond again. My dream deal is:

- A duplex located in a neighborhood full of single family homes
- Price is low enough to grant me a 20%+ ROI
- Little to no repairs needed to start renting out the units
- Location is close to my other apartments / office / home

It might seem simple to most of you all, but I would jump all over a deal like this! It fits in well with what I can handle at this point in my real estate portfolio... simple, but profitable with recurring revenues. And that's a really good thing given that the company I work at for my day job is currently downsizing :beer:

I think you're on the right page. I'd like to have a dozen or so of those duplexes. I figure pick up one a year, and I'd have a nice little portfolio in a dozen years or so.

Dreamwise, I'd love to get a couple of multiplexes as well - like 50 unit building.

I actually PARTICIPATED in a transaction like this?

Borrower/buyer tied up a HUGE (170 Acres...9500ft waterfront) property priced @ $29M for $50k....for 90 days;

Then "assigned" his contract to a true developer for $31M?

He should have held & partnered up w/same...he'd have made LOTS more sticking around for the whole game (like 20-30M), however he turned $50k into $2M in < 60 days?

I was STUNNED when I saw his contract,
the buyer(of the assignment) could have cared less how much he was making...they KNEW they were going to make >$75M on top of their original investment?

Pretty savvy, huh?

He got me looking :pup: for big dirt transactions like a maniac! :D

mortgageman how did he tie up the property for so little? Is there a way to explain in a bit more detail how a transaction like this would go? Thank you. Sounds really cool! :groovy:

To have someone give me a houses thats already paid for. Then I can hold on to it & lease it out.

interesting.

real estate deal only?

okay - an apartment complex with 50 units or more - that has been neglected by owner and is located in a nice suburb for 1/2 of what it is worth, with a rent roll that is more than 40% less than market rents in the area....

with an owner situation of wanting to sell because they're old and want to retire, i happen to be at "the right place at the right time." - knocking on their door :D because i've been watching the property and got all this information on it ahead of time

i go in and nail the deal down with a 40k down, lease option for one year and close the deal for .35 on the dollar

sweet...

initiate an improvement overhaul, increase rents, own it for 2 years, and 1031 into a 150 unit apt complex!

Whats the best book to read on for this ?

best book for what?

on a "a good deal"?

Originally posted by "noobdog1":
best book for what?

on a "a good deal"?

On apartment buildings, multi-family homes ?

I'm trying right now to sell my 15 unit apartment. I have it listed at 1.65m I've got offers for 1.5m I might even take that if I can't get my price. But that would be my dream deal. Then I'd go and buy a high rise building with that.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here