• Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Your only as successful as your mindset

Jason Waldo
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Apr 22 2021, 19:31

When I was 11 the public school I went to labeled me as special needs. They believed I couldn’t read and had a severe learning disability. I remember being so angry and confused. Throughout all of my entire academic career not including college because I didn’t attend. Was marked with the mental struggles of being marked as stupid and uneducated.

When I was growing up my family was affluent and never taught us kids about money but we had every thing we could have ever wanted. Biggest house in the Neighborhood, sports car for my 15th birthday.

When I was 18 my world as I knew it came crashing down my family filled bankruptcy and we lost everything. Our houses our businesses and my car. I still remember it like it was yesterday. I forgot something at my house so I drove my truck I had back home and ran inside to grab it. I wasn’t in there for more than 5 minutes and when I came back out my truck had vanished from the driveway. I ran back into my house to tell my parents that my car was missing and then we saw it being towed away out the front door. My truck had been repossessed.

Fast forward to my early 20’s I got a handful of reality when I decided to move out on my own and found out the hard way what life was really like. I had bills and could hardly pay for them. I worked 40-50 hours a week and hated my life. I wanted to be back in the comforts of my old life but knew I and only I could get that back but didn’t know how.

That was 14 years ago and throughout the last 14 years I devoted myself to learning everything I could about self talk, goal setting, abundance mindset and the power of leverage and how money worked. I would study those subjects like I was studying for the bar exam.

I instilled in my mind the mindset I needed to play the game and get back what I believed was taken from my family.

I am 34 years old and have a few properties that are paid for free and clear that no one can ever take from me or my family. I have owned two successful business in of which I sold off half of when I was 32.

This isn’t a sob story but a story to show that despite the hardships and set backs in life a good mindset is the key to success in real estate and in life.

What are some ways you guys fight a poor mindset and different ways you have overcome your mind in life.

All success starts in the mind.