Sacramento Real Estate Investing Groups

22 Replies

I'm sure there are groups for REI investors in Sacramento, but I'm having difficulty finding them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

@Clayton Rehmus if you go to google and type in sacramento rei. two clubs come up on the first page of the results. there is capital city wealth builders, nor cal reia,

go to meetup.com and you will find a Roseville real estate investment club.

http://www.meetup.com/Roseville-Real-Estate-Investing-Networking/

If you ever have financing questions on buying investment properties, shoot me a email

Medium houseGordon Cuffe, wholesalehomes | 916‑261‑2381 | http://www.sacramentowholesalehomes.com | CA Agent # 01125228, CA Lender # 1037464

Originally posted by @Gordon Cuffe:

@Clayton Rehmusif you go to google and type in sacramento rei. two clubs come up on the first page of the results. there is capital city wealth builders, nor cal reia,

go to meetup.com and you will find a Roseville real estate investment club.

http://www.meetup.com/Roseville-Real-Estate-Investing-Networking/

If you ever have financing questions on buying investment properties, shoot me a email

I have fallen in the trap of "should have Googled it first."  Ah.  Thanks for the tips and I'll certainly shoot you an email in the future!  Thanks!

The next Roseville meet up is October 6th at 6:30 pm at Whitney oaks golf course.

Hey @Clayton Rehmus , there are at least a dozen REI clubs in the greater Sacramento area and they're all listed on Meetup.  You can just go on there and search for "real estate" to find the different ones.  Best of luck.

Originally posted by @Kyle J. :

Hey @Clayton Rehmus, there are at least a dozen REI clubs in the greater Sacramento area and they're all listed on Meetup.  You can just go on there and search for "real estate" to find the different ones.  Best of luck.

Thanks for the heads up!

Originally posted by @Jorge Soto :

The next Roseville meet up is October 6th at 6:30 pm at Whitney oaks golf course.

In my calendar! Thanks!

There is capital city wealth builders on arden way. I think their next meeting is next Wednesday at 9/16 at 6pm. $20 individual fee. Hope to see you there.

@Clayton Rehmus , all of the above mentioned meetups are great, I've attended all.  To add to the list, @Al Williamson also hosts periodic BP meetups, you can sign up at guildsummit.com for updates on when he has the events.

Sergey Tkachev, SMT Group | http://www.guildsummit.com

There is a real estate investing group I attend every Wednesday with like minded investors. If you are interested attending with me let me know. 

What's the best way to get in touch with investors if you have a property you're selling?

Hi @Tabi Traughber ! Great question!

First and foremost, you should get belly-to-belly, face-to-face with investors and establish a connection and relationship with them first. Investors are pitched deals ALL THE TIME and often the people pitching them are selling a lot of hot air, and so it makes it hard to know who to trust.

People like to do business with people they know, like and trust... so my advice is to meet people face to face first, and find out what kind of properties they're looking for, what their experience level is, and see if there is any way you can be of value to them or anyone important you can introduce them to who can help them meet their goals.

Then, it's a lot easier to "be heard" about the property you're selling, and those investors can return the favor by introducing you to anyone they know who might be interested in purchasing it. 

Eventually, you'll have a rolodex full of investor contacts, and you'll easily be able to sell your properties much faster. But only show properties to investors that match the criteria they are looking for, don't spam them with every single property you come across.

Also, you'll want to make sure you present your property in a way that easily communicates the value to the investor. You be able to communicate using investor lingo, like knowing what cap rate, ARV, Cap Ex, etc. are. That will help them feel confident that you know your stuff and are able to discern what is a good deal and what is not, and they'll be more open to hearing more about your properties.

Meetup.com is a great place to start looking for real estate investor groups to network with. Here are a few of the top choices:

A few extra tips to help you sell your property:

1. Since you're a plus member, have you tried posting an ad on the marketplace? Investors on this site check it regularly and that may just help you find the buyer you need.
  2. Are you working with a real estate agent? If you have an agent to put the property on the market for you will be able to get your property in front of just about every available buyer on the market. I'm a Realtor who can help you with this if you're interested.
  3. Have you tried contacting owners of similar properties around you? You can easily search the tax records of every other multifamily property around you, and simply send them a letter informing them you have a property for sale they might be interested in. It's more of a long shot, but the guy who owns the duplex next door just might be looking to pick up another property in the area.

I hope that information helps, and if you have any further questions or need clarification on anything I said, don't hesitate to reach out! Best of luck!

Medium veterans hs logoWes Blackwell, HomeSmart ICARE Realty | [email protected] | (480) 482‑9564

@Wes Blackwell , thank you so much for all of your insightful advice! I think you answered all my questions...at least for now! I will definitely check out the "meetup network!" Hope to connect with you in the future! =)

This is pretty old but if you guys are still interested in having a meetup please comment on my intro post

@Tabi Traughber @Edit B.

I'm just getting back from BiggerPocket's reception and The Best Ever Conference in Denver, CO and now preparing for the Summit at the Guild in Sacramento. It's another 200 person MeetUp where we will have an overview from the City's economic development representative, detailed discussions on four emerging neighborhoods in Sacramento, and lot's of insightful discussions lead by three of Sacramento's largest MeetUp Organizers.  In one day, you'll get a good sense of whats' on the rise in the 4th hottest market in the US.

Check out GuildSummit.com for more details on this March 18th event.

@Al Williamson , good evening.  I'm a Davis resident, new to the BP community.  Wow, looks like I JUST missed the Summit event.  Will there be another one in the near future?  I'd love to attend.  Thanks!

[email protected] | 9258952399

Hi @Anastasia Orth I was working hard to get your attention :^)

If you sign in at guildsummit.com and get on our list, you won't miss a thing.

There are three good REIAs that meet monthly in the Sacramento Area. Our annual summit is a round up of the smartest people that attend those events as well as so Bay Area folks.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you in real time.

How about SacREIA? Anyone been there?

@Aries Li

SacREIA usually meets the 2nd Thursday of every month. The one problem is who the keynote speaker is going to be as it is not mentioned in the meet-up portal when the e-mail reminder is received.. 

1‑415‑786‑6700

Norcalreia.com is excellent.  David Granzilla

Tell him Fixer Jay referred you to him.  Many times I have presented to his club and did training seminars for their members.

Best.

Fixer Jay DeCima

Medium company logoJay DeCima, KJAY Publishing | [email protected] | 800‑722‑2550 | http://fixerjay.com