New Home Build/Parked Trailer ElDorado/Placer County, CA Costs?

New Home Build/Parked Trailer ElDorado/Placer County, CA Costs?

Orangevale, CA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 8 votes

Hello BPers

I'm exploring future investment options, and one thing I've started to look into is finding fairly remote land anywhere between the rural part of Lincoln, all the way over to Georgetown in ElDorado county. The idea is to find cheap land with at least an acre that has water, sewer, power already on-site, or that can be economically added. Then add either a travel trailer (maybe as a temporary solution) or build a small studio type home and cater to the "remote getaway" crowd. 

The issue I run into is understanding the true costs and time it would take to have approval for either of these options. 

I was able to find the El Dorado county website, but its unclear to me still: 

https://edcgov.us/Government/building/sample-fee-estimates

If I'm understanding this correctly here are the actual fees I'm paying if I were in Zone 4 for example: 

  • MULTIPLIER
    Technology Fee 
    General Plan
  • Planning Review Fee

But then the "Other Agency & Development Fees Due At Permit Issuance", and "School District Fees" Is where it becomes unclear.

Any help would be appreciated.

    0Reply
    22 views

    4 Replies

    Jump to latestLatest
    • Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 24 votes
      6y

      I am active in this area but do not know anything about building on  bare land...let me know what you find. 

    • Orangevale, CA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 8 votes
      6y
      Originally posted by @Jack I.:

      I am active in this area but do not know anything about building on  bare land...let me know what you find. 

      Will do Jack. 

    • Pollock Pines, CA · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 6 votes
      6y

      I live in Pollock Pines, I wasn't aware that Georgetown was that big of a tourist draw. Jeepers go out that way, but usually only to stop for breakfast. I'd think you would be better off here in Pollock where we have Jenkins Lake and near a variety of outdoor activities, unless you are just looking for a great mnt. spot for the city people who like to hike. There are tons of houses in Georgetown for sale right now.

    • Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 19 votes
      6y

      Go into the local planning department when it opens with a parcel you want to buy. Get a ticket or set an appointment and they will walk you through all the costs that the city charges you. The other fees you need to talk to the contractors/engineers to get a quote. 

    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.