Name of the lawyer who handled Oakland real estate purchase?

5 Replies | Oakland, California

Hello, I plan to buy a few condos in Oakland, California and am in search of a lawyer I can hire to do the transactions.

Is there a government website or something similar I can use to lookup the name of the attorney who represented the buyer in a specific Oakland real estate transaction? This is so I can have proof that whichever lawyer I choose to hire has successfully completed a real estate transaction for a buyer in Oakland California.

Thanks!

California doesn't use attorneys to transfer, we use escrow and title. They won't be the direct source contact, maybe the seller will recall the name. Was it sold with a Realtor? Or are you saying this was probate?

Originally posted by @Caroline Gerardo :

California doesn't use attorneys to transfer, we use escrow and title. They won't be the direct source contact, maybe the seller will recall the name. Was it sold with a Realtor? Or are you saying this was probate?

Hi Caroline, to be clearer, I am looking for the name of the attorney who represented the buyer (or the seller) in an Oakland, California real estate transaction. Are there any government websites (or other sources) that display this info?
Or perhaps there is some sort of government website (or other source) that shows all the Oakland real estate transactions an attorney represented clients in?

The purpose of this is so I have official proof that whichever attorney I'm looking to hire has previously represented a client in an Oakland real estate transaction. Thanks!

the transfer deed will tell you the name of the TITLE Company. California is NOT an attorney state. There is no public free website, send me the legal address MAYBE I can pull the deed for you if you say something happy

Thanks for the offer Caroline! I just private messaged you the addresses. Info on any or all will be greatly appreciated. Will definitely consider having you do the financing once I'm ready to put in some offers!