Emily Shirk
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
Buyer Privacy Violation?

Emily Shirk
  • San Jose, CA
Posted Dec 21 2017, 19:22

Hi Everyone!

My husband are just entering the REO world and finally purchased our first home. About a month after moving in we received a JUST SOLD flier that exclusively advertised our home, the address, interior & exterior photos of the home and what we purchased it for. We never gave consent for this and we are both very upset that our home, address and selling price are being advertised like this. It feels extremely violating and I am very angry. My question is, did the selling agent even violate any laws? This is all information that could be found on the MLS & Zillow which also shows our selling price so its not necessarily confidential information... I am just upset that we have been used as advertising and had it flashed in our new neighbors faces like this. I also feel like it draws dangerous attention to our home since the agent boasts about how much it sold for and it being the most $/sq in the neighborhoods history. Do I have any ground to stand on? The damage has been done but I feel so violated and I am angry.

Loading replies...