Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Denver Real Estate Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Linda Weygant
Pro Member
  • Investor and CPA
  • Arvada, CO
Votes |
Denver Landlords - Who can house my awesome tenant?

Linda Weygant
Pro Member
  • Investor and CPA
  • Arvada, CO
Posted

I got the phone call yesterday that many landlords dread.  Great tenant is giving notice that they aren't renewing their lease.

My tenant has been renting my 4 bedroom townhouse at 92nd & Sheridan for the last year.  She is on Section 8 and her voucher is currently through Jefferson County.  But porting the voucher to Adams or Denver is pretty easy.  Her kids go to Westminster High School and she wants/needs to stay in the area, although not necessarily in the school's district itself.  She also has 2 pre-schoolers.

Tenant pays her rent *early* each month and the county portion is direct deposited on the 1st without fail.  She is clean and neat, works hard as a nurse and her kids are well behaved every time I've been around them.  She is currently approved for the maximum voucher amount.

She needs to move because her oldest daughter moved out and Section 8 will now only approve her for a 3 bedroom house instead of my 4 bedroom.

In this market, as you can imagine, it's tough to find good housing.

But it's also tough to find good tenants, so if any of you guys have a vacancy as of January 1 in a location relatively close to Westminster High School, I will recommend this tenant all day long.

Conversely, if you know of anybody that wants a great 4 bedroom place in Westminster, let me know.

Loading replies...