• Lexington Park, MD
Votes |
Buying my 1st investment property in Jacksonville, FL

Lisa Landivar
  • Investor
  • Lexington Park, MD
Posted Feb 27 2017, 08:40

Hello BP community!

1st I want to thank all of you who stopped by to give me advice, I really appreciate it. :) 

I recently sold my home in WA state(offer was just accepted) and I am looking to take about 13k from my earnings  to use as a down payment for an investment property in Jacksonville, FL near the Naval base. I have plans to move down there in the next 2 years or so. But I don't want to wait to start investing! Especially having some cash to work with (before i spend it all lol). I currently own my home in MD state, and I have joined the Airbnb community to make extra cash(I am really happy with this business and can offer advice in it). I also have landlord experience as I rented my home in WA state for an entire year before selling it.

I am looking for any advice on neighborhoods, places to avoid, closing cost, realtors to use, banks for loans, pricing, etc. I certainly want to stick with something small since I only have about 13k to work with, multi family preferred. 1-3 beds, 1-2 baths. Around 700+ square feet, in the 50k-60k range.  I want to buy the property and rent it out to make some extra cash. My goal this year is to own at least 2 properties that I generate income from. 

I am open to taking any advice and really appreciate your time!

Loading replies...