Looking for feedback on Locklear Partners

Looking for feedback on Locklear Partners

Smithtown, NY · Member since 2008 · 29 posts · 6 votes

I am looking for feedback from investors who have purchased homes through Locklear Partners (http://locklearpartners.com/). Joe and Adam Locklear offer a reverse turn-key investing opportunity and I would like to know how it worked out for you. I am considering buying a property through them. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

0Reply
49 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 48 votes
8y

Based upon their website, I'm not terribly impressed with their professionalism.  

Exhibit A:  http://locklearpartners.com/investor-maps/

Direct link to maps:  

http://www.locklearpartners.com/wp-content/uploads...

http://www.locklearpartners.com/wp-content/uploads...

It looks like they just drew all over a poorly printed map and then scanned it for their website.  Very amateur.  If you can't figure out how to make an investor map via Google Maps or at least do it on a computer (or hire someone to do it for you if this is beyond your skillset), I don't think I'd trust you with my money.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Haven't heard about this company but let us know how it goes! 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 48 votes
    8y

    Based upon their website, I'm not terribly impressed with their professionalism.  

    Exhibit A:  http://locklearpartners.com/investor-maps/

    Direct link to maps:  

    http://www.locklearpartners.com/wp-content/uploads...

    http://www.locklearpartners.com/wp-content/uploads...

    It looks like they just drew all over a poorly printed map and then scanned it for their website.  Very amateur.  If you can't figure out how to make an investor map via Google Maps or at least do it on a computer (or hire someone to do it for you if this is beyond your skillset), I don't think I'd trust you with my money.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2008 · 784 posts · 528 votes
    8y

    All those in #Jacksonville, interested in their professionalism, come to the next free meeting Thursday Sept 27.

    They have a nice book available online at Amazon, discussing the hardships, Joe had a $500,000 portfolio wiped out from the Great Recession and there is detail in the book about the family and how they invest. Joe is a legend in the local Jacksonville Real Estate Community, he's been doing deals since the 1980s. 

    The maps drawn are simple, but that is this business, its very simple. The ones that make it hard are the ones to avoid. They try and educate people on what works for them, but its not for everyone. With several thousand investors in their portfolios, I'm betting it matters not about their map skills. 

  • Investor · Jacksonville Beach, FL | NYC | Tamarindo Costa Rica · Member since 2014 · 182 posts · 130 votes
    8y

    @Scott Froehlich we made a purchase from them almost 2 years ago and so far it is working out great. 

  • Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    7y
    I know this is an old thread but was wondering if those with experience with Locklear Partners/Realty might be willing to share more about their experience.

    Thanks,
    Janice
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.