New investor Jacksonville, FL

14 Replies | Jacksonville, Florida

Hi,

I'm looking for the one that will help me to find my first (and hopefully the 2nd and the 3rd) properties in Jacksonville, FL. I am a new and young investor that looking to network and meet lenders, agents, properties managers and anyone who can help me to understand better which neighborhoods are good, and from which one I should stay away from.... I am also would love to talk with other investors around the area...

Thank you!!

@Inbar Moshkovitz

You should first define your investment criteria before you seek out the agent, property manager, etc.

1) What cost of house will you purchase - A house below $100,000? a house between $150,000 and $200,000?
2) Do you want a house that is near the beach, away from the beach?
3) Do you want student housing, a SFH, a multi

Your conversations with agents / PM's will go much further once you know the above information instead of just saying "I want any good deal in Jacksonville"

Before talking to an agent / PM, you may want to just engage any lender to get an idea of how much house that you can afford.

Promotion
Roofstock
Buy & sell single-family rentals online
Radically accessible real estate investing
Get access to exclusive property listings, proprietary data, and support to build your portfolio.
Learn More
Originally posted by @Nick Terrano :

@Inbar Moshkovitz

Hey there! I’m a local agent and would love to chat! 

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I would be happy to know in what area should I focus on base on my budget (100-150K).

C class could be good, but I prefer to stay away from D...

Thanks,

Originally posted by @Basit Siddiqi :

@Inbar Moshkovitz

You should first define your investment criteria before you seek out the agent, property manager, etc.

1) What cost of house will you purchase - A house below $100,000? a house between $150,000 and $200,000?
2) Do you want a house that is near the beach, away from the beach?
3) Do you want student housing, a SFH, a multi

Your conversations with agents / PM's will go much further once you know the above information instead of just saying "I want any good deal in Jacksonville"

Before talking to an agent / PM, you may want to just engage any lender to get an idea of how much house that you can afford.

Hi,

Thank for your answer. I absolutely need to do more research before..
But I just asking for help to trying understand the big picture...

Thanks

@Inbar Moshkovitz Don't get caught up in A, B, C or D class of houses, look at what stuff sells for, what people want if flipping and what they can live with if renting. Get better at seeing what something is really valued at vs what someone is asking. Start getting familiar with the values of properties at NEFAR based on past sales. Invest based on the neighborhood. Lots of different class homes all throughout neighborhoods. 

Originally posted by @Jack Bobeck :

@Inbar Moshkovitz Don't get caught up in A, B, C or D class of houses, look at what stuff sells for, what people want if flipping and what they can live with if renting. Get better at seeing what something is really valued at vs what someone is asking. Start getting familiar with the values of properties at NEFAR based on past sales. Invest based on the neighborhood. Lots of different class homes all throughout neighborhoods. 

Hi

Thanks for the tips.

There's a lot of what you say.

Thank you,

Originally posted by @Mark Fries :

@Inbar Moshkovitz

If you need local help on potential properties, you can text me the addresses and I will go check them out and report back to you. I know Jacksonville very well....

Hi Mark,
I will. Thank you

Send me a message for my contact info. Thx!

@Inbar Moshkovitz  

I have heard that @Nick Terrano is a rock star agent in the Jax area. I think where you want to invest is going to depend on what kind of return you are expecting. I know some of the rougher areas of Jax tend to cash flow pretty well, and you could manage your risk with a good property manager who can vet potential tenants. I would definitely recommend getting pre approved first so that when you find that property that fits within your criteria, you can hop on it right away and have a competitive offer. Best of luck!

Originally posted by @Nick Velez :

@Inbar Moshkovitz 

I have heard that @Nick Terrano is a rock star agent in the Jax area. I think where you want to invest is going to depend on what kind of return you are expecting. I know some of the rougher areas of Jax tend to cash flow pretty well, and you could manage your risk with a good property manager who can vet potential tenants. I would definitely recommend getting pre approved first so that when you find that property that fits within your criteria, you can hop on it right away and have a competitive offer. Best of luck!

Hi,

Nick is really a rock star agent!

I actually have more idea right now about the zip codes I more interested in. 

I hope to find s best property to invest soon.

Thank you,

That budget will likely put you west of the river, but as mentioned prior you'll really need to sharpen your focus to get better advice. I also recommend going to the local REIA meetings. Its a very large group. You'll make a ton of industry connections, get support etc.

Promotion
Sharestates
America's Private Lender
Receive Fix and Flip Funding Approval In As Little As 24 Hours!
Sharestates helps developers and brokers secure funding quickly with the most competitive terms.
Get Funded