Blue Collar/Working Class Neighborhoods in the Metro Area

Blue Collar/Working Class Neighborhoods in the Metro Area

Investor · SF Bay Area · Member since 2016 · 78 posts · 16 votes

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a feel for Atlanta and am interested in investing in blue collar/working class neighborhoods. Can someone please identify what cities/neighborhoods I should look further into?

0Reply
49 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2012 · 269 posts · 187 votes
10y

@Gary A. I agree with @James Han on Stone Mountain. I would also consider Doraville. A lot of neighborhoods in Doraville are blue collar.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • James HanPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Hey @Gary A. here is a map of some of the blue collar/working class areas in town. You can also look into Austell and Lithia Springs. Happy investing!

  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2012 · 269 posts · 187 votes
    10y

    @Gary A. I agree with @James Han on Stone Mountain. I would also consider Doraville. A lot of neighborhoods in Doraville are blue collar.

  • Wholesaler · Marietta, GA · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    Wow, Atlanta is such a huge area.  It would be helpful to know more detail.  I'm in north Atlanta, near Marietta.  Even within that town there are lots of nice blue collar areas that likely would not have the risk that some other areas have. Then again, your prices will be much different.  What's your criteria?  

  • Investor · SF Bay Area · Member since 2016 · 78 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the help, @James Han and @Paul Smythe.

    @Regina Sitterley I'm looking for houses in the price range of about 40-60K. Only cosmetic work needed. Blue collar areas. Any other recommendations for areas or any additional insight would be greatly appreciated.

  • Wholesaler · Marietta, GA · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    You would be able to find houses like that in Mableton (Cobb County).  I don't know Stone Mountain (Dekalb County) quite as well but it seems like the prices could be around that price point, as well. Atlanta, itself, also has a bunch of these areas. The trick is to watch of for vandalism and riff-raff (that's a technical term ;)

    What type of rental rate & ROI are you looking for?

  • Property Manager · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 67 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    I agree with the neighborhoods that @James Han and @Paul Smythe pointed out. You will be able to find a lot of houses in that price range outside of those areas, however. I know people always say to focus in on a "farm area" and go from there, but try casting a wide net at your price range then evaluate the neighborhood, rents, ease of managing (based on your location), crime, economy, etc.

    Good luck!

    Mike

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.