Decatur GA bungalows 30032

9 Replies | Atlanta, Georgia

I am an out of state investor (Huntsville Al) and am very interested in the decatur GA 30032 or 30034.

I guess I am looking for reaffirmation that these areas are slowly revitalizing and that these bungalows under 100k may indeed be a good buy for rentals. 

Can anyone local knowledgeable investors or Realtors tell me their thoughts on this area? Is rental market going up? In demand? Areas more attractive? Rebuilding? I'm eyeing alot of sfh south of Avondale Estates sspecifically.

Hi Yohan, I'm a investor and realtor in Decatur and I'll say yes it's a solid rental market/area.  It's improving slowly, but definitely trending up and a pretty good place to park your money.  You'll have a steady stream of solid tenants and majority of these areas are safe, so I don't imagine too many issues with managing them and keeping them occupied.

thanks Alan. I have been scouring other threads about this area and I've read certaint areas are street by street. Can you tell me what areas within these zip codes to completely avoid? Also do send me a pm I may actually want to speak more in depth with you about screening some properties and putting in some offers for us. I'm looking to buy 2 or 3 properties in these areas in the next 6 months..

Promotion
Turo
Turo car sharing
Start a small business on Turo
Join thousands of entrepreneurs who have started successful car sharing businesses on Turo.
Learn more
Originally posted by @Yohan Kim:

thanks @Alan Corey I have been scouring other threads about this area and I've read certaint areas are street by street. Can you tell me what areas within these zip codes to completely avoid? Also do send me a pm I may actually want to speak more in depth with you about screening some properties

Yohan, I own 4 rentals in the Decatur 30032 area, it's a strong rental market.  What you get in rent will depend on how up to date the property is, but I get btw $810 - $875 for my 4 rentals.

hey put a little extra in get more back. I see investors remodeling for the demos that are already there instead of the higher paying who want to move there. I'm getting $995, $1175, $1200, $1200,1250 on the 5 I have there.  Except for $995 they are 3 or 4br, 2ba

Originally posted by @Kevin Polite :

hey put a little extra in get more back. I see investors remodeling for the demos that are already there instead of the higher paying who want to move there. I'm getting $995, $1175, $1200, $1200,1250 on the 5 I have there.  Except for $995 they are 3 or 4br, 2ba

Thanks Kevin.  Which zip codes are your rentals in? And all rentals have atleast 2 bath? What is the demand for 1 bath homes, do you think I will have trouble renting them out within the 1% rule? 

Also what areas within decatur should I be looking at? Which areas should I avoid? I'm just trying to get some insight with landlords who have successfully rented out their homes in this area. Thank you for all your insight

@Yohan Kim . Good questions with many different answers for each and add in variable for your strategy. I rented the 1ba I had in less than a week in 30032, but I got a really good deal and have a slightly higher level of trim. My philosophy is if you say you won't add value because it's "just a rental" that's the type of renter you'll get. But I don't get as high a return, but meets or exceeds my goals and less stress.

@Kevin Polite  

I love your website, I will definitely keep your information on hand! I have a SFH rental in 30032 that I have owned since October 2016! I would love some referrals for maintenance/handyman, I want to do some modernization on the property but as I am in Seattle, WA I would love to build a team based on referrals. I am also in the market to buy more SFH's in Decatur. I appreciate your time and feed back. Linda

Hello everybody, I'm in Buford Georgia, trying to get into the real estate business, zero experience, just wonder if you guys have these rentals paid off? I'm about to get my first property, I was looking for something in the 70s so my loan payment will eat 40% of the rental income is that about right?