What buyers list should I be on?

10 Replies | Atlanta, Georgia

My wife and I have done a flip and have a rental. 

Atlanta is a bit too competitive (and too far to drive) for us. We want to stay within 30 min of where we are in downtown Woodstock. 

What wholesaler buyer's list do you recommend joining for Cherokee and North Cobb? 

@Joe Cassandra I am in Woodstock too! I am a licensed Broker, I work on the retail and investment side. I am on quite a few wholesalers lists but I also generate many of my own leads. The old adage of "You never know where your next deal is coming from" holds true. So I try to attend multiple network events and get on as many lists as possible. If your in Woodstock we should meet up some time and discuss more or you should come to some of the meet ups I attend. 

@Matthew Nicklin Hey Matthew, sounds awesome! Would love to meet up and chat real estate. I'll DM. We can talk wholesaler lists for sure.

I'm on a couple but I hear you should be on dozens.

Hey Joe - wholesaler lists can be hit or miss, especially around here. I've seen lots of inflated ARV's and rehab estimates...lots. If you're looking for fix and flips, I would suggest Acworth (30101). Very close to Woodstock and it's definitely a seller's market. I just had to find my clients a home in Acworth that we had to buy before it even hit FMLS because we kept losing to stronger offers.
As we were looking, I noticed there's a lot of opportunities to buy something that needs light rehabs and make it absolutely turnkey because that's what buyers are looking for at the $225K-$325K price point.  

Personally, I think coming soons/pre-market is far superior to wholesaler lists. I'd be more than happy to discuss further and see if we can find you anything in your criteria. 

@Joe Cassandra - If you look at Atlanta's urban sprawl in the 80's and 90's, we saw expansion up to the I-85 corridor leading to the growth of suburbs like Stone Mountain, Duluth, Norcross, Suanwee, Lawrenceville, etc. As the 400 tollway expansion opened in '93(?), it created easy access from Buckhead to the North Fulton suburbs (Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Roswell, Crabapple, etc). It also helped solidify Marietta's predominant area of East Cobb, by allowing easier access to the perimeter.

All that to say, I think we are experiencing massive growth on all of Metro Atlanta's western neighborhoods along the I-75 corridor. For example, the growth and appreciation we're witnessing in the Westside is a spitting image of Old Fourth Ward several years ago. However, there will always be people who yearn to live in the suburbs. With the I-75 PeachPass, I definitely think there will be a surge of people who realize how (relatively) painless the commute from ITP to the Acworth area is. Plus, there's already been very expensive development that has occurred out here. Governor's Towne Club being a big one...lots of parallels to Alpharetta. 

I think Canton has growth potential, but I think it will remain very equestrian...similar to Milton. Which is not a bad thing at all, I just can't really speak to it from an investment standpoint. Meanwhile, I think Acworth is the next Alpharetta. 

@Chad Carrodus whoa, this is really making me a do a double take :). This is super interesting stuff.

I see what you mean, looking at some of the new builds going on, and yeah the million-dollar homes around the Governor's Towne Club. 

If you trace I-75 up, it cuts through the East Marietta that you talked about. Then, through Kennesaw. But the "New Alpharetta" that you're talking about is west of Highway 41. I don't know much about that highway as I've never been on it, but it slices right through Buckhead and then downtown. 

Will that growth not move to Kennesaw and instead push up 41 to west Acworth? 

I think this is pretty fascinating especially your perspective on it Chad. 

Our plan is to flip a few houses, build up more of our cash reserves, then find some good, up-and-coming rentals (still keeping our rental in Woodstock as we're still growing here). Those rentals were planned for Canton, but maybe I need to rethink it!

Originally posted by @Chad Carrodus :

Hey Joe - wholesaler lists can be hit or miss, especially around here. I've seen lots of inflated ARV's and rehab estimates...lots. If you're looking for fix and flips, I would suggest Acworth (30101). Very close to Woodstock and it's definitely a seller's market. I just had to find my clients a home in Acworth that we had to buy before it even hit FMLS because we kept losing to stronger offers.
As we were looking, I noticed there's a lot of opportunities to buy something that needs light rehabs and make it absolutely turnkey because that's what buyers are looking for at the $225K-$325K price point.  

Personally, I think coming soons/pre-market is far superior to wholesaler lists. I'd be more than happy to discuss further and see if we can find you anything in your criteria. 

How to find Coming soon/Pre-market deals? I don't see it on FMLS. I like Acworth. I agree with you 100%.