Where are your "secret" discount material spots in N. ATL?

16 Replies | Atlanta, Georgia

Where do you get your discounted 'big ticket' stuff in North Atlanta? We're in buying mode in the middle of a flip, and looking for places beyond HD and Lowe's. 

- Windows

- Doors

- Tubs

- Flooring/Tile

- Countertop

- Scratch and Dents

...etc.

My GC recommended Builder's Surplus in Smyrna(?). We normally got flooring and tile from Floor and Decor as they have decent prices on a few things. But open to hear more.

Where do you get your stuff? (Even if it's a specialty place e.g. a windows place). 

We went and checked out Home Center Outlet in Kennesaw as they had great reviews and found all the stuff was MORE than big box. 

In their defense, I believe they sell mostly "luxury" open box items. So if you want to feel like it's a million dollar home without paying the price. 

For a flip, it didn't help us

Just found Wholesale Expo in Newnan(past the airport).

Got a real nice front door for $225. 

Looking at flooring with them ,but didnt get prices yet.

Found some sleek affordable granite/quartz in Granite Warehouse in Acworth. Pretty good selection with lots on clearance regularly.

Originally posted by @Ron Berry :

Try Habitat for Humanity ReStore

Thanks a lot Ron, didn't know they had a oversupply store. That could be a perfect spot!

Originally posted by @Karen Hagerman :

Also the Lifecycle Building Center near the West End https://www.lifecyclebuildingc...

It's a crapshoot as to what they have but ususally at a minimum a good source for sinks, doors, toilets and large appliances

Thanks a lot, Karen! Funny, as the last item on our flip is finding some good appliances. Will need to check them out :)

Oddly enough I find the same items I see at big box stores on Amazon and Wayfair. Sometimes the same item will have a different manufacture name. We will usually shop for an item we want then just go home and look them up and buy cheaper.

Water Heaters Banks liquidation in Norcross

I found Flooring Market to have the best prices when I was shopping for LVP. They are out of Illinois and shipped directly to me very quickly, no additional charge. One thing to be aware of, they advise to inspect the shipment for damage before FedEx leaves or they will not cover damage. Also, being shipped on a pallet, you need to be able to unload it. I will definitely be using them again.

@Greg Middleton so I’ll be selling my current home soon and did a rehab on it with new LVP. Question is what the best way to maintain it. I’ve read that steaming with a shark or comparable is a no no on LVP

Originally posted by @Justin Miles :

@Greg Middleton so I’ll be selling my current home soon and did a rehab on it with new LVP. Question is what the best way to maintain it. I’ve read that steaming with a shark or comparable is a no no on LVP

I'm still new to it myself. Recently did my personal home, sort of as a test to see how I liked it. I really havent done anything but vacuum it. I do have a dust mop that I use as well. As for a real cleaning, the manufacturer should have recommendations. Mannington for example suggests Mannington Award Series Rinse-Free Cleaner. I have also read that a simple water and vinegar mopping works well.