Where are your "secret" discount material spots in N. ATL?

Where are your "secret" discount material spots in N. ATL?

Rental Property Investor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2017 · 517 posts · 772 votes

Where do you get your discounted 'big ticket' stuff in North Atlanta? We're in buying mode in the middle of a flip, and looking for places beyond HD and Lowe's. 

- Windows

- Doors

- Tubs

- Flooring/Tile

- Countertop

- Scratch and Dents

...etc.

My GC recommended Builder's Surplus in Smyrna(?). We normally got flooring and tile from Floor and Decor as they have decent prices on a few things. But open to hear more.

Where do you get your stuff? (Even if it's a specialty place e.g. a windows place). 

0Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 3 votes
7y

Try Habitat for Humanity ReStore

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 229 posts · 145 votes
    7y

    This place is all around awesome, but on the south side of town: http://www.northsidematerialbrokers.com/

  • Rental Property Investor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2017 · 517 posts · 772 votes
    7y

    We went and checked out Home Center Outlet in Kennesaw as they had great reviews and found all the stuff was MORE than big box. 

    In their defense, I believe they sell mostly "luxury" open box items. So if you want to feel like it's a million dollar home without paying the price. 

    For a flip, it didn't help us

  • Rental Property Investor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2017 · 517 posts · 772 votes
    7y

    Just found Wholesale Expo in Newnan(past the airport).

    Got a real nice front door for $225. 

    Looking at flooring with them ,but didnt get prices yet.

  • Rental Property Investor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2017 · 517 posts · 772 votes
    7y

    Found some sleek affordable granite/quartz in Granite Warehouse in Acworth. Pretty good selection with lots on clearance regularly.

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Try Habitat for Humanity ReStore

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    Also the Lifecycle Building Center near the West End https://www.lifecyclebuildingc...

    It's a crapshoot as to what they have but ususally at a minimum a good source for sinks, doors, toilets and large appliances

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenville County SC / Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 403 posts · 120 votes
    6y

    Following 

  • Rental Property Investor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2017 · 517 posts · 772 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Ron Berry:

    Try Habitat for Humanity ReStore

     Thanks a lot Ron, didn't know they had a oversupply store. That could be a perfect spot!

  • Rental Property Investor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2017 · 517 posts · 772 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Karen Hagerman:

    Also the Lifecycle Building Center near the West End https://www.lifecyclebuildingc...

    It's a crapshoot as to what they have but ususally at a minimum a good source for sinks, doors, toilets and large appliances

    Thanks a lot, Karen! Funny, as the last item on our flip is finding some good appliances. Will need to check them out :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 325 posts · 253 votes
    6y

    @Joe Cassandra following

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    ATL Cabinetry for wholesale cabinets for Kitchens & Bath

  • Robert E BoginoPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2017 · 151 posts · 76 votes
    6y

    Oddly enough I find the same items I see at big box stores on Amazon and Wayfair. Sometimes the same item will have a different manufacture name. We will usually shop for an item we want then just go home and look them up and buy cheaper.

    Water Heaters Banks liquidation in Norcross

  • Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    6y
    I found Flooring Market to have the best prices when I was shopping for LVP. They are out of Illinois and shipped directly to me very quickly, no additional charge. One thing to be aware of, they advise to inspect the shipment for damage before FedEx leaves or they will not cover damage. Also, being shipped on a pallet, you need to be able to unload it. I will definitely be using them again.
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2018 · 70 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    @Greg Middleton so I’ll be selling my current home soon and did a rehab on it with new LVP. Question is what the best way to maintain it. I’ve read that steaming with a shark or comparable is a no no on LVP

  • Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    6y
    Originally posted by @Justin Miles:

    @Greg Middleton so I’ll be selling my current home soon and did a rehab on it with new LVP. Question is what the best way to maintain it. I’ve read that steaming with a shark or comparable is a no no on LVP

    I'm still new to it myself. Recently did my personal home, sort of as a test to see how I liked it. I really havent done anything but vacuum it. I do have a dust mop that I use as well. As for a real cleaning, the manufacturer should have recommendations. Mannington for example suggests Mannington Award Series Rinse-Free Cleaner. I have also read that a simple water and vinegar mopping works well. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Member since 2009 · 20 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    The LOS store on Cleveland Avenue

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.